faster cpu and more ram
    i also had windows xp installed.
    i can join a mp game
    but i can't host , i have a cable line
    i want to host.
    whats up with that?
    is it the windows xp ?
    "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Hopefully Deity will read this and help you out. He couldn't host until he disabled something. Sorry, I forget what.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You probably need to do a little routing. If so there have been loads of threads on this recently......one that springs to mind is Dank's firewalled thread.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

oh yeah sure, thanks. If it's something integral, you're toast.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

I have yet to fix my problem.....guess I'm lazy and depend on others to host games....lol
              Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

whats the magic word and i'll tell ya how to do it Dank... yes and like me you are lazy.. but with a little help from Dr. Spike i got it fixed..

Comment

Glad to hear you sorted it all out.

Comment

ok i read the firewall thread.
                    i don't have a firewall that i know of.
                    unless windows xp has one in its software.
                    ok so you say the game port is 4993
                    that really tells me jack
                    since im a computer illiterate moron

Comment

I don't use XP, but I know it has firewalling capabilities.......they may be on by default. More important is how do you connect? Do you have a PCI/USB modem or a separate router? The thread you refer to explains the latter, if you have the former you probably need to configure the operating system. This seems most likely if you didn't change your modem but upgraded and changed OS. There must be other XP users kicking around...........

Comment

im on cable line

Comment

boann what brand router do u have? are you on a network also shouldve asked that 1st

Comment

I'll bet 5 bucks she can't answer that question.
                            No! Make it 10, I need the money.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sucker bet.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                              X