Victory Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Conditions

In games that are played to their conclusion or games where a concession is made, there is a winner and losser(s).

However, this is not the case in many games.
    I've seen a ton of games where everybody claims that they are winning, even when it seems that they are getting killed.

It's obvious that the powergraph isn't the best way to determine who is winning at any given time...

What's the best way to determine who is winning
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Play untill death off course

Certainly the most fun way (if you do the killing )

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
      Play untill death off course
      But after reading some of the threads around here... being killed doesn't seem to imply a loss
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Y, your're right

You owe me a new keyboard btw as this one is full with Yoghurt.

Comment

Re: Victory

Originally posted by Ming
          However, this is not the case in many games.
          I've seen a ton of games where everybody claims that they are winning, even when it seems that they are getting killed.
          well in anything other then 2x 2x the person who will eventually win is the person with the highest gold production, or massive shield production. Once railroads and cannons are discovered it just comes down to who can rush buy the most canons + engineers. Someone with 40 cities and 40 gold production has no chance against someone with 20 cities and 1500 gold production on 1x 1x. On 2x 1x they are also dead but it would take a bit longer..
          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
          and kill them!

Comment

Funny stuff....i have been in the position of the SSC, SOL, ASTF etc.....and my oppoonent has leos and STWA and both of us are claiming victory (sound familliar RAH/Ming)

of course the reverse happens alot tooo

we need to continue these games though, no one will really know how strong you are until you punish them with troops....

Rich the other game when i took a few of BB's cities.i was surprised to see only one warrior defending a gold two squares from my capital.....needless to say my vet pults made short work of that city and of the 12 legions he sent my way later

i have to agree with markus on the above statements, in x2 games its the guy with the most ciities who wins hands down.....

in x1 games it comes down to economic power in a different way
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Most gold production and shield production is an advantage, but you have to be able to keep the cities till you start your roll.

The pg is not acurate but it does point at some basic generalities. Very rarely is the person last in the pg able to claim he was winning. (not including "legends in their own minds" types)

I would like us to come up with some type of scoring that would provide some type of victory conditions/objectives that might add some spice to one night sessions. I'm sure we could argue them for a few years

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

I would like us to come up with some type of scoring that would provide some type of victory conditions/objectives that might add some spice to one night sessions. I'm sure we could argue them for a few years

RAH
                those are called scenarios...some were even shipped with the game

Comment

I was thinking something more generic silly. And scenarios with preset maps are still that, preset maps. I enjoy the exploring aspect of the game too much to give that up.

Maybe points for capturing the enemy capital, etc.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

this opens up a whole can of worms.....we can hardly agree on settings much less victory conditions but i do agree in theory

Comment

Toss out some Ideas like.
                      5 points for every tech.
                      20 points for every wonder.
                      50 points for taking an enemy capital
                      20 points for taking an enemy city.
                      5 point for every 100 gold
                      1 point for every pop point.
                      1 point for every military unit.

By next year, I'm sure we'll come up with something.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i can see it now, all of us under the heavy influence of god knows what......tallying up the scores like yahtzee...

everyone screaming out how many points they have....the game ends up like an aussie bruhahaha

sounds great to me..when can we implement this

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          i can see it now, all of us under the heavy influence of god knows what......tallying up the scores like yahtzee...

After our last match war... I couldn't even see straight let alone count anything

While I agree a better point system is needed (that's why I started the thread)... I think people need to come to agreement on what things are the best for determing victory...

What rah suggests is a decent start... but I can just see people selling improvements on the last turn just to increase points...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            What rah suggests is a decent start... but I can just see people selling improvements on the last turn just to increase points...
                            Just make improvements count for a point.
                            But you're thinking in the right direction. Make sure the scoring doesn't promote screwy things. The old saying, "be careful what you incent. You may end up with something you didn't really want"

RAH
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And for you fall down drunks, etc. You could always wait for the next day to load the game and tally up the points. Then post them for arguements/bragging rights.

the yahtzee line was pretty good though.

RAH
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X