No-CD problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-CD problems

I downloaded the no-CD crack for MGE and put it into the MPS directory. When I click on it to run it, it says "Error: File C:/mps/CIV2_13.com not found", however I can see it sitting right there in the directory. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?
    "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."
    - General George S. Patton

Last edited by winzity; May 29, 2002, 21:45.
    winzity ICQ 30339567
    Please note I don't longer use the mail address winzity@hotmail.com.
    Please ask me on ICQ or use Apolytons e-mail function if you want to send e-mail to me.

Comment

sounds like your using the short cut to a file that doesn't exist.
      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
      and kill them!

Comment

I'm too lazy to look. Could someone post where to get the hack.
        (if it's not against policy)

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Did you unzip it first

I just downloaded it from CF because I'm having a disc drive problem. I unzipped it... placed in the overall Civ II MP directory. Double clicked on it... got a message that it had been installed, and now it works like a charm. Which is a good thing, since I tried to open my disc drive, and it didn't want to open.

And please... don't post the link to it... that is against the policy here. But I'm sure if you go to CF and check out their downloads, it shouldn't be hard to find. Of course, it is meant to be ONLY used with a legally bought copy of civ II MP
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well of course.How else would someone use?

I'm having a disc drive problem
            uh huh,of course you are

this crack is useless without a working copy of MGE.All it does is allow MGE to run without the cd in.Just like FW and 2.42 where no cd was required to be in while playing.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
              uh huh,of course you are
              But I do... otherwise, I would never had bothered downloading it.
              You can ask Rah. Last Friday night when he was over, he saw my problems first hand. When you go access anything on disc, there is a 50% chance that my machine will just lock up... requiring a cold boot... And this morning, I went to put the civ disc in, and the drive wouldn't even open. It was at that moment when I knew the hack would be a "good" thing
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, I have no intention of using it illegally. (REALLY)
                And as Smash pointed out, it is useless without a working copy, so I'm wondering why a certain stoggy brother thinks it's against policy. Yes, yes, I know "you don't set policy" you just enforce it. blah blah blah blah blah.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I found out the problem, MS-DOS is corrupted on one of my comps. Transferred it to the other one and it worked fine, then played a game against a few people bug-free.

Oh, and yes, I did unzip it. I'm not a two year old.
                  "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."

Comment

zoinks,that sounds like a scary problem there.

any ideas as to what is amiss?
                    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

No idea. It hasn't affected any other programs, though (I only figured out that was the probelm when I remembered a tech guy had said something about it last week).

Comment

i have usedthe crack for a long time....saves your disk from wear and tear.....not only that , it doens't get stuck spinning around in the drive which can happen from time to time....
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          i have usedthe crack for a long time....saves your disk from wear and tear.....not only that , it doens't get stuck spinning around in the drive which can happen from time to time....
                          ya i have never used anything but

I use cd cracks for all games. I hate it when the cd spins up and hangs the game. REALLY annoying in rts games, + you can play music at the same time.
                          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                          and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

But I do... otherwise, I would never had bothered downloading it.
                            You can ask Rah. Last Friday night when he was over, he saw my problems first hand. When you go access anything on disc, there is a 50% chance that my machine will just lock up... requiring a cold boot... And this morning, I went to put the civ disc in, and the drive wouldn't even open. It was at that moment when I knew the hack would be a "good" thing
                            Up until recently when I bought a cdrw I would routinely do this for every game I own, for exactly the same reason. The worst one was civ3........I couldn't play new patches till someone released the _ahem_ utility for that particular version.

Comment

i can't play the new patches either for my "version" of civ3....perhaps you can help me out as well ?
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X