Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can trade be considered as an act of war???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you stop people moving their workers onto lower trade terrain though (ocean/river to forest for example)? Not against the rules but the same effect if you're quick enough. Sounds like a really silly rule to me.

Comment

Yeah, these kind of rules only work if you, like the Rah/Ming/et all group, play with almost the same people every game and have develloped a relation where you can trust the other players.

For most of us this allas doesnt aply.

Comment

If someone is microing and moves a worker from a trade special to a forest at the same time an opponent delivers trade , you are suggesting this is a cheat. Get a life. he just might need the extra shield to finish a wonder.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          If someone is microing and moves a worker from a trade special to a forest at the same time an opponent delivers trade , you are suggesting this is a cheat. Get a life. he just might need the extra shield to finish a wonder.
          Unless I'm mistaken, I think what is meant by Rah is the wholesale reduction in your workers use of squares, ie all becoming low arrows or entertainers just during the period of your oponents cara deliveries then switching them back as you'd like them for your turn.... this right?
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

nothing wrong with that
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i gotta agree that there is nothing wrong with that - to ne that is a good defensive strategy

Comment

I agree it ranks up there with selling off an improvement when you see a dip comming to bribe you and no chance to kill it.

Comment

OK, if the consensus is that it's OK to do I might try it out!

I think Markus suggested to me that it was a cheat and was incl in Rah rules???

Pesonally I'd rather it was banned but if everyone is using it...

It's a fine line between just going ahead and quietly doing stuff like this only to find out later that others brand it as cheating and use it as an ecuse to quit games. But once it's discussed in the threads I feel easier about it and comfortable about trying it out.

But forget black clicking! Arrrgh.

But in the absence of other pre-game rules I assume that things NOT normally allowed in Rah Rules are NOT ON.

Fair assumption?
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Some people will use any flimsy excuse to quit a game they're losing... including branding stuff like the 'reducing trade' tactic a cheat.

Comment

Looking at the "RAH" rules thread., this has not been discussed. Or the opposite (maxing cities for trade) The only related item is no caravan re-homing. This conversation should probably be discussed there. My personal thoughts are that maxing occasionally is not a problem. (hard to stop) The issue is slow play, so if this is done a lot and slows down your turn, people may desire not to play with you.

Reducing for incoming, I don't see as a problem at all since you're not doing it during your turn and has no impact on game speed.

But it should probably be discussed to see what everyone else thinks about it.

RAH
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                        But forget black clicking! Arrrgh.
                        I'm with you deity. I'd be willing to play no black clicking if everyone else was.

Comment

Impossible to prevent, you can even do it by accident.

Comment

Accident is one thing - I'd be willing to say no intentional black clicking

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                              OK, if the consensus is that it's OK to do I might try it out!

But in the absence of other pre-game rules I assume that things NOT normally allowed in Rah Rules are NOT ON.

Fair assumption?
                              No. I haven't read the thread. I don't know what RAH rules are.
                              Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I'll bet Deity does that trade arrow thing when you trade with him - judging from my recent results trading with his miserly civ

I often announce my borders are closed to all or certain players if the trade is going to impede me. Having caras plodding through your empire can be a real nuisance when your trying to move units around. It can also be a profitable way for an opponent to gather intelligence on your civ.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X