Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invitation to top 1x1x deity players: Rah, Deity, Alexanders horse etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice avatar eyes!!!
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
      Ok, bye. You sucked anyways so no big loss.
      Ha Ha...this is great
      My life, my rules

Comment

Originally posted by Species8472
        me to. Nevermind this thread. I have decided to quit playing civ2.
        Whoa!

Hang on, how can someone so obsessive about civ throw up a challenge and then wimp out?

This is symptomatic of the McEnroe bad quitter syndrome.

It sounds very much like you'd quit a game if things went a little bit wrong, like many others. We are all such perfectionists. It's very important to play the game out even if way behind.

But I'd really like to get a proper MP game going that included Species. I hope you didn't quit that Euro Thursday game...
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

"It sounds very much like you'd quit a game if things went a little bit wrong, like many others. We are all such perfectionists. It's very important to play the game out even if way behind."

I guess that's easy for you to say since the only way you ever play is from way behind. It's understandable, you don't really know what winning is like. Let species go, he's a waste of time. He's alot like strategicdick, he's been searching for a setting and way of play to call himself the best at. Unfortunately he had to whittle the game down to a race for lighthouse since he lacks the intellectual capacity to have versatility in his play.

Comment

I never got to play with Woke, but I understand that he IS a very good player, although a hater of Americans.

Probably someone I want to avoid.

Anyway, someone who is that good shouldn't quit the game entirely. There is alot of knowledge that can be passed on to the hated n00bs.
            Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Trust me, species has nothing to offer. He's never been a good player and he never will be. He basically makes the rules as he goes along. He accused me of cheating of sabotaging his GW production one game. He's also a hypocrite. He's one of those stupid Europeans that hasn't quite figured out yet that he and his country are insignificant and border on the definition of a third world country. He is a nobody, he's always been a nobody, and he always will be a nobody.

Comment

He's one of those stupid Europeans that hasn't quite figured out yet that he and his country are insignificant and border on the definition of a third world country.

Well actualy eyes, he comes from one of the richest country's in the world, compared to Holland the US is almost as poor as say Argentina

And thank god we are small enough to be considered insignificant, makes life a lot easyer not having half the world hate you

But true what you said about Woke and 2x2x though.

Comment

I guess that's easy for you to say since the only way you ever play is from way behind. It's understandable, you don't really know what winning is like. Let species go, he's a waste of time. He's alot like strategicdick, he's been searching for a setting and way of play to call himself the best at. Unfortunately he had to whittle the game down to a race for lighthouse since he lacks the intellectual capacity to have versatility in his play.

We've never played, so how on Earth would you know my track record? Do you base all your analysis on gossip and imagination? And is this the way you develop strategies? No wonder you prefer fight in the threads rather than in games....

Without blowing the old trumpet I've virtually had no real losses in proper MP and am usually 1st or 2nd when games fold prematurely. I could go on and post scalps and other pics but that really would be ego-tripping
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Deity : you should just name the guys who have actually taken cities off you
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

"proper MP" lol What a ****ing moron. In other words proper play is where there are at least 4 other human players on a big ass map on deity 1x1x. This provides the "deepest" form of play. Why do you ask? Well because with so many players other civs will act as a buffer between me and other civs hence making it easier for me to survive. Plus on 1x1x I don't have to worry about people attacking me and then throw in Deity...well lets just say people aren't going to be able to expand too fast for me if you know what I mean. *hehe nudge nudge* Basically I make a run for the happy wonders because it's the only way I know of to get an edge on everyone else. I can't expand very fast and I really don't know much about warfare. These settings are perfect for me, I really don't feel I can handle anything else. Some people might say that with these settings you're playing against the restrictions basically and not against the human players, but you've got to survive somehow. I've never written a strategy in my life and I really don't know of any that are actually useful on 1x1x Deity, there just isn't any need for anything because everyone is basically constrained to one form of play.

Comment

Same Same but different.....

Well eyes, when in the usual 2x2x horsierace do you have the need to actualy build improvements or establish traderoutes?

Ever seen these games go into modern warfare?

I've lately starting to play 1x1x again and I must say its a welcome change, strats are completely different, as is warfare and just about everything else.
                        Instead of whining about the 'true form of play' (one way or the other) just enjoy the many different styles of play this game allowes when using different settings.

Comment

Working...
                        X