Ladderplay will continue !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladderplay will continue !

Some of you might have noticed that CF shut down the ladder.

Since in my humble opinion a game like civ needs a ladder, I've created a new one on myleague: http://www.myleague.com/civ2/

I've addapted the normal rules for the ladder a bit so you start to loose rank after 225 days of inactivity instaed of 7, also your account gets deleted after 225 days of inactivity instead of 30, this to make the ladder more interesting for players who actualy have a life outside of civ

I hope that ladderplay will continue, lets keep this game alive

Don't bother. Their rules suck. in order to become number 1 the number 1 player must play the number 2 player and the number 2 player must win. Therefore the number 1 player can continually lose to the number 3 player and the number 2 player will continually get bumped back to number 3 thus no one will ever become number 1. Also, since the number 2 player must beat the number 1 player to go to number 1, the number 1 player can go 225 days without playing a game and remain at number 1.

Comment

That does seem to be a slight flaw in the system...
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

yes this seems quite wrong for a ladder...there needs to be clear cut #1's out there...none of this padding your lead or being inactive...
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

If this is going to be a problem, I"ll just adapt the rules for the ladder.

Comment

well in all likely hood it is going to be a problem... a new system needs to be put into place...propose some new changes and let us know
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
            X