Looking for good players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'No one in our group complains after a game...what does that tell you'

I don't complain after games either, although I don't like losing I can take it. Robbie holds a grudge for a different reason, I was a member of his tribe but I eventually left when I realised it was going nowhere, plus the fact that I received a far better offer elsewhere. He couldn't accept this though, after that the slander and cheat accusations started, they helped kill off civfanatics mp tournament forum, so I came here. But he followed and is up to his old tricks again.

Robbie:
    'I have played this game with honor ever since I started playing competitively. Anyone who's known me for any length of time can vouch for my character.'

Rubbish. I've already spoken of the constant slander and cheating accusations, of how you use your tribe to back you up all the time because no one else will, and of how you make up games and other situations to prove your point.

'I don't accuse, I simply report on what happened. You showed me how low you could go by threatening to frame me and Blackhand of cheating by - in your exact words - "coming up with some convincing saves." I have the transcript of the entire conversation if anyone wants to see it.'

Again, more rubbish. As I said above it's a good thing woke deleted that thread on civfan where you accused me of looking at maps. You're not trustworthy and what little reputation you had is being dragged through the mud. Quite similar to what happened to strate, actually.

'What's more appalling to me is your attitude and outright denial. Sure, no one here other than us will know the truth, but what's important to me is that I know you're lying and you know it too. You've already done yourself dishonor by flat-out lying and it's clear I should have nothing more to do with you.'

I'd like to ask you a question here - do you ever tell the truth? I saw you sitting around on the zone all day today without getting a game, a very sorry sight. It looks like less and less people are going to play you if you keep this attitude up, but I suppose that's to be expected. Go ahead and post your fabricated chatlogs and screen shots if you want, but I warn you, you're making a mistake. I never wanted it to get this far.

By the way, the death threats don't impress me.

Comment

Last warning guys... next person that continues this crap gets a vacation from posting.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Come on Ming,
        These threads are always a great reminder why we don't take the games that seriously, and avoid most organized play. (not slamming all organized play, but it does seem to attract some real winners )

BB, don't worry about losing, keep plugging away and you'll get better. Everyone sucked at some time. For some it was just a long time ago. And you'll get a good reputation for continuing even from a bad start. There are those that after the first thing goes wrong, makes up some excuse and quits. At least you're having fun.

Rich
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i remember when i wanted to join gameleague, and other such ladders... i was stoked.... but after all the crap i went through with people only playing x2x2,quiting, false reports and claims of cheating i grew disenchanted.

Its a shame there isn't a real way to determine who is the best by ladder system. If one could be created that eliminated cheaters and loophole jumpers, i would be interested....

until then i have the fortune of playing fun civ with my circle of friends and we all know who the best is in that group
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Thanks War4. I appreciate the compliment

Rich
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

As a last remark, I just wanted to let everyone know that the fewd between me and Dr. Fell has been ongoing for a month or so, and in actuality, the hostility has been more rhetoric than real.

I'd like to state here for the record that Dr. Fell is not a cheater by any means, and that in whole and in part, he's a good character. We've had more pleasant days as tribemates in the past, and I was admittedly irked when he joined up with Eyes because, yes, he was a big asset of our tribe then and would be even today.

Anyway, I'm sorry to have stirred up the feathers here, and I hope you will all continue to civ on and keep the spirit of fair competition alive.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                Thanks War4. I appreciate the compliment

Rich
                Thats funny, i was talking about Ming, your BETTER half

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                  LOL...
                  After last night, even on pain killers and spaced out of mind, I had a comfortable PG lead...

Thanks War
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Who gave this thread a 5 star rating?
                    Now I can conquer the world at 1.8 gigs

Comment

Everyone sucked at some time. For some it was just a long time ago

my time is now!

Who gave this thread a 5 star rating?

perhaps somebody (other than me ) that finds this thread entertaining?
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

There should be a way to ban settlers from threads that you don't want them in.

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
                          There should be a way to ban settlers from threads that you don't want them in.
                          snicker....my thought exactly

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

Cute
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

LOL..it took me a day or so to come up with that one...i was stumped.... and from what i see..... yours is no better.....

LOL looking forward to this friday

Comment

Busted.

You are correct, but it least it only took me a couple of hours, and not a day.

RAH
                                As he wins the lameness contest.
                                But we're not competitive.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X