No announcement yet.

Looking for good players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Eyes, it is such a shame that you haven't learned anything over the years. You are still the same person you were 5 years ago, and at your young age, 5 years usually shows some growth in maturity and general social comprehension. It's a pity that the years have had no value to you."

I'm surprised you still haven't figured it out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
      isn't there a kiddie forum for these lads?
      I'm just responding to the **** that's been posted against me. I'm really sick of the way robbie follows me from forum to forum slandering me and accusing me of cheating. Now I think he's gone too far - he's created screenshots of me 'admitting' to editing saved games, in his crusade to destroy my reputation (which is 100%, if anyone wants saves of games I've played I'll post them). Anyway, this thread is meant to see if any players are looking for a game sometime, not for insults and bull****. I was just wondering if there were any players out there who'd like a game sometime, as I said playing the same zone newbies all the time gets a bit tedious.

Comment

Once again we have the typical debate. Whats a cheat, whats a loophole, whats acceptable and what is pure bull.

It seems as if the same groups of players have the same sorts of problems. The first couple of times you could chalk it up to youthfullness, or being overzealous. However , we all know now that this isn't the case.

Some players admit to having cheated in the past, some do not. Everyone has a 90-10 winning % against everyone they play. Aside from us lame Apolytoners and NOOBS at the zone, who in the hell has all the losing records

Ladders come and go, everyone is a moderator for awhile and then for some reason.....they just don't want to deal with the endless crap anymore.

We have seen endless accusations and edited proof, cheats , logs and files....

I find alot of it humorous, some of it tedious, and alot of it borring.
        that all aside, its alot of the same players complaining about cheating and reputations

It seems safe to say that the same groups of players whom brag about their game are the ones complaining about others cheating.

I have played most of you , and either i am an idiot or i don't detect cheats well, or you just didn't bother when you played me b/c i have'nt come across alot of cheaters in my years of civ.

But, i know you are out there.

I no longer care about what settings are toughest/best/require most skill. All i care about is playing honest players who enjoy four to six hour stints once or twice a week and who are reliable and wont quit at the first sign of a failed attack.

I have found that with my group and that makes me happy. Too be honest i have found that with most Apolytoners in general.

I come from the old school of civ at the zone.....when the game was first released just before Christmas of 98. Noone played x2x2 and yes it was slow. Civ is a slow game to me. Now we play x2x1 which speeds things up a bit but doens't totally ruin the game (though it does skew the starts even more so).

Civ is what you put into it...if you play with people who know how to alter the game and have no scruples about doing it, you will have to accept these aspects of the game.

No one in our group complains after a game...what does that tell you

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
          Yeah... trusting the people you play with makes for a much better game

OH... AND Spartan_RawB!

It is against forum policy to accuse somebody of cheating here with out ABSOLUTE PROOF... and links to the files that prove it.
          Slander isn't allowed. So show ABSOLUTE PROOF... or shut up
          Because if you continue... you will be given a "vacation" from posting.

And to everybody else.... stay on topic, or don't bother to post!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

All i care about is playing honest players who enjoy four to six hour stints once or twice a week and who are reliable and wont quit at the first sign of a failed attack.

Yeah. At the end of our games, (when we don't pass out from exhaustion or refreshments) the conversations are about who moved the wrong way at the start, the land, the huts, the first few combats that helped determine borders or areas of conflict, and how many turns they lost a wonder by (always 1 )
            If I had to put up with all the garbage that we see here every now an then, I'd quit the game.

RAH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why must everyone take this so seriously? If you don't like threads with fighting...don't read them. Is it really that difficult to keep from clicking on a thread you don't like? Besides, this game would be really boring if everyone liked each other and we all sang koombiya. So I say let the fighting continue!!! Last man standing wins!! The losers leave the forum in disgrace! Now lets keep these lets all be friends posts off this thread and get back to the real reason we're on here: TO FIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
                So I say let the fighting continue!!! Last man standing wins!! The losers leave the forum in disgrace! Now lets keep these lets all be friends posts off this thread and get back to the real reason we're on here: TO FIGHT!!!
                Uhhh... the owners of this "private" site don't happen to like flaming and fighting... and that's why it is against the rules.
                Find some place else to hold your cat fights... not here!
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wrong answer

We like to limit our fights to in the game. As it should be.

The rest is just ego driven schoolyard brawls that most of us have grown out of.

It's a damn game. It's about fun.

But if you get your fun out of demeaning people, I can't help you.
                  But your rants are entertaining at times, and that's what public forums are all about. We're all allowed to post what we want. (within the rules of course)

So if you don't want to read our stuff, don't.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Love the game!

My record in multi-player is horrible. Ming, Rah, War4ever beat the pants off me. But you know, I love the game, would rather get beat in multi-player than constantly beating up a mindless AI opponent. It is a great game. Boasting is fun but that is all it is. Whining while losing is also fun. If you are really bored with all the players in Apolyton find something else.

So all the snotty remarks are snot. If you want to play sometime, let's get it on. I am on ICQ and play multi-player when my real life doesn't take precedence.

If any tribe wants to invite me in, I'd love to play.

And to any cheaters out there who need to cheat to win, get a life.
                    Beer - helping white guys dance since 1878.

Comment

I have played this game with honor ever since I started playing competitively. Anyone who's known me for any length of time can vouch for my character.

I don't accuse, I simply report on what happened. You showed me how low you could go by threatening to frame me and Blackhand of cheating by - in your exact words - "coming up with some convincing saves." I have the transcript of the entire conversation if anyone wants to see it.

What's more appalling to me is your attitude and outright denial. Sure, no one here other than us will know the truth, but what's important to me is that I know you're lying and you know it too. You've already done yourself dishonor by flat-out lying and it's clear I should have nothing more to do with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan_RawB
                        What's more appalling to me is your attitude and outright denial. Sure, no one here other than us will know the truth, but what's important to me is that I know you're lying and you know it too.

Sigh... again, your word vs his... nothing you can prove. So just CHILL... Take your slander somewhere else. Last warning!
                        I'm not taking sides... just enforcing the rules of this forum.
                        Prove it, or don't say it!
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

ah, memories

sounds a lot like gameleague in here, back when it was still alive
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Re: ah, memories

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                            sounds a lot like gameleague in here, back when it was still alive

One of the reasons why many of us didn't get involved in game league... some of us would rather just play and have fun
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

What do you want ming, a dead forum? Threads like this are what keep the forum alive.

"What's more appalling to me is your attitude and outright denial. Sure, no one here other than us will know the truth, but what's important to me is that I know you're lying and you know it too. You've already done yourself dishonor by flat-out lying and it's clear I should have nothing more to do with you."

Well if you don't want anything more to do with fell...why do you keep making posts about him? Why do you keep zone messaging him (with privacy turned on so he can't message you back, which I also don't need to mention is really lame) and flooding him? Amazing how you don't care yet you constantly are trying to go head to head with him. You even make challenges to play games against him and then set up times...which you of course never follow up on. I guess that's part of your "ignore them" policy? Amazing how ignore=make all kinds of posts and flood them with messages.

And I see you're not talking about fell actually editing saves now, you're just talking about a supposed conversation. You don't even mention anymore about woke's god like knowledge and how he told you fell was editing saves. Did my little chat transcript with woke shut you up?

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
                                What do you want ming, a dead forum? Threads like this are what keep the forum alive.
                                Yeah... people acting like little children by going "nah nah nah nah nah" is what keeps this forum alive.

Again... if you guys want a cat fight... TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X