No announcement yet.

Civ II MP player sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back into civ2 every1, after about 1 and a bit years of not playing it at all.
    if any1 wants 2 have a game my icq # is 136675697
    and my MSN is xyakks@hotmail.com

hopeing 2 c every 1 soon,

civ 3 sucks ass, its boaring, its a different game completely,
    and god the units all look the same!!
    http://www.aaa-clipart.com/data/anim2/aliens/an1.gif

Comment

i can play every monday, wednesday and friday nights, after i get home from footy training im 2 tiered 2 do anything else..

Comment

Perhaps we can try for Friday Night this week , I will be here .

Any takers fellow Aussies???????????
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i could play, but im a bit rusty..

Comment

we are all rusty relics

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

yeah your all relics, im just rusty at playing the game mp

Comment

if you put your heads together you should be ok

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Re: Civ2MP rocks like rebelyell

Originally posted by deity
                  Civ 3 is a good SP game but I don't enjoy it. I'm not entirely sure if that's due to the lack of MP or whether it's more than that. At first I really loved the early game, however the late game is so slow and boring in the ones I tried to play... just gave up, my PC too slow, I dunno....
                  I think that once some players have experienced MP, they find it hard to go back to SP mode. I know that, for myself, I just can't find much enjoyment in SP. I need to know there is a real, thinking player on the other side.

It is easy to beat the AI in some ways (it can be stupid), and it is impossible to beat it in some other ways(it can cheat unmercilessly and it knows where everything is). I don't want to do either, I want to match skills with a real person. Even if I lose.
                  Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

gotta agree CB. Human players are the only way to go.
                    I was bored/irritated with CIV III in just a couple of games.

I didn't mind the AI cheating in CIV II as much because through the use of the cheat menu, we could study just how the AI cheated and plan our stratagy accordingly. We knew the size of the production and food boxes at the different diff levels. In CIV III we aren't as sure and it sometimes leads to seemingly impossible things.

I.E. (deity) Neighbor civ. I meet real real early (within the first 5 turns). One city. As soon as it cranked a settler, two cities. ( I was watching when the second city was placed in the diplo screen to get a feel for how long it took to crank out the settler, pretty damn fast) So I killed the city right away. The cap must have immediately cranked a second. And sent it to the exact location. So I killed this one too. This was happening faster than the cap should have been able to crank settlers. Now this didn't really bother me that much. I expect the AI to out produce me. But I figured I was at least hamstringing the AI from developing anything else.

WRONG

A stack of 10 warriors showed up to attack one of my cities at least 10 squares from his cap. How one city that was continually cranking settlers could also find the time to produce 10 warriors to attack, (above and beyond what it had for city defense) is beyond any imagination. Maybe if I knew, I wouldn't feel so frustrated with it. I really miss the cheat menu as a tool to learn the mechanics of the game as applied to the AI.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to MP because no matter how flawed the game is, we'll all be in the same boat. Yes, I would like to see quite a few things changed but as long as everyone has to deal with the same problems, I can live with it.

Rich
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A lot of guys i used to play often aren't around. Don't have time to play much anymore unfortunately, so i'm a bit afraid to commit to a diplogame.

Comment

From reading some threads in the CIV III forums, it appears that the supper production that I attributed to the AI in my previous post was just a result of how much the AIs start with at Deity level. Multiple settlers and a ready horde of warriors. I don't know how people figured that out, but that's exactly the type of thing that I would like to know so it can be countered.

RAH
                        Until MP comes out, CIV II MP is still the only fun Civ has to offer.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I agree Rah!

Originally posted by rah
                          EDIT...

RAH
                          Until MP comes out, CIV II MP is still the only fun Civ has to offer.
                          Absolutely, but:
                          a) I'm not confident Civ3MP will come out and;
                          b) If it does I'm not confident Civ3MP will be any good.

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Deity i agree wholeheartedly with that statement..

must be the new year
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Count me in on that opinion, too!
                              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                                Count me in on that opinion, too!
                                What an ageeable lot!

LOL, good to see you guys still around.
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X