Civ II MP player sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ II MP player sightings

The release of civ III has had a devastating effect on the civ II community. How is your MP circle holding up? Some seem to be doing okay (Ming's group for example).

The Australian scene is pretty dead. finbar surfaced after months MIA last night (he's been working his butt off and out of town a lot). We had good chat on icq. Also saw makeo post on the OT. I talk to Hydey fairly regularly, whose been playing civ III and a bit of TOT, and Deity occasionally appears - but I suspect he's defected to civfanatics Mp forum

Miss our regular games guys
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Havent had much interest in coming here recently as the fun seems to have gone. Civ 3 desperaty needs a MP edition to revitalise my interest.
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Well i haven't got civ3 to work on my computer.
      Haven't played mp in ages though.

Just started the sat night diplo game.
      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Believe it or not, Civ II is alive and well at Civfanatics ladder and also the zone. I play exclusively on the zone and the ladders, and if you would like me to join your playing circles, please feel free to add my ICQ to your list.

Comment

We've lost a couple of players from our group. But we have lost a few over the years to attrition anyway, so I can't say it's due to CIV III. But we have also added a few players including a few zone players. So we seem to be benefiting from a decreased number of games elsewhere.

We're still going strong on Friday and Saturday nights. Every now and then we don't get enough players on a given night, but that isn't different from the past.

Anyone interested should just check out the long running "setting up IP games" thread or contact us via ICQ.

Rich
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm still around but my opinions about whats fun has apparently changed. Don't have the patience I once had. 1x1x games have suddenly become too slow for me. I'm also not that interested in diplo games like I once was.

I anticipate my future circle of civ players to be very small, as I think I will become quite picky on what kind of game I'll play......I'll see though.
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              We've lost a couple of players from our group.

Rich
              Hope you're not including me in that. I'm just temporarily lost, and it ain't because of Civ III, which I haven't been able to play either. Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later.

I do note, however, that Saturday nights have been considerably more sober lately. But maybe that should be
              "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
              Jonathan Swift

Comment

Good to hear it Bird. You've been missed. Hope you get everything straightened out soon.

Sober, BAH

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I will play with you Dad.

I enjoy playing Civ3 , its a nice single player game.

I still enjoy playing Civ2 MP as well.

If we get some people to play on our Aussie evenings you can count me in.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

The big drawback for me is the kids. Mrs Horse is on a fitness kick so I'm minding the boys a lot on weeknights.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

...is that what she tells you?

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                        I'm still around but my opinions about whats fun has apparently changed. Don't have the patience I once had. 1x1x games have suddenly become too slow for me. I'm also not that interested in diplo games like I once was.
                        Oh no! Drake, diplogaming can't loose you. You are one of the good ones. At least show up for the first Civ3 MP Diplogame if it comes to pass.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

If and when that happens ozzy, I'll probably be available for it........can't guarantee anything however.
                          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Civ2MP rocks like rebelyell

I just love it!

Civ 3 is a good SP game but I don't enjoy it. I'm not entirely sure if that's due to the lack of MP or whether it's more than that. At first I really loved the early game, however the late game is so slow and boring in the ones I tried to play... just gave up, my PC too slow, I dunno....

But we just started a new USA Sat night Civ2 diplo and I love this 10x more than Civ3. My top game pref is Civ2MP and I hope we can get another Aussie regular session happening soon too.

If Civ3MP happens I hope I'm not disappointed... but from what I can see Civ2MP will have a resurgence of popularity!
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Aussie group restart

Deity is keen to play
                              Hydey he wants in
                              Horse can free one night up
                              Finbar ,will we here from him?
                              Raz , any chance for you?
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X