This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up IP games XXXIII

Well the old one is up to three pages....time for a new one.
    Ming, feel free to delete the old one.

IT's FRIDAY, thank god.
    I'll be at Ming's at the usual time. MUST PLAY MP...AI TOO STUPID.

For tomorrow, not sure yet. One of my employees is having a house warming party that I'm obligated to show up to. Don't know how short of a stop I can limit it too.

Rich
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Re: Setting up IP games XXXIII

Originally posted by rah
    Well the old one is up to three pages....time for a new one.
    Ming, feel free to delete the old one.
    Nahhhh... just closed it. It should disappear soon enough

Oh, and bring dinner tonight!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i should be around if i get through spamming the boards.... the last month has been soooooooooo borring....

not sure yet what the wife has in store for me yet.....

if your busy tomorrow maybe i can be busy tomorrow (early) and we can all meet up later for some late MP
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

That might work.

Depending on what time Ming can break free. Wouldn't want it to be too late.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well if its too late then we could always scrap it altogether now....

either way the following week i have christmas parties to go to ...so i will be out

i imagine with the holiday season rapidly approaching that the amount of MP played will be minimal....

tis the season to be jolly, lack of mp makes me cranky.....

Comment

Don't want to scrap it, just trying to encourage Ming to try to arrange things properly. Like a 9:30 to 10:00 start. Even though I plan on leaving that party earlier if I have any say in the matter.

Rich
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Unless something weird happens, or just dumb luck... my usual EARLIEST time would be around 10... but more like 10:30.

I would love to play on Saturday night (MP still beats SP any day of the week)... but again, I have no control over the starting time.

I will do my best to hasten my families need to go to sleep early on Saturday...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Try booze

And I think your neck will be acting up and you will need to lie down and rest a little.

Get organized and start watching things quicker.

Make sure she serves the leftover turkey to induce sleep. (or illness)

Fake falling asleep with lots of snoring to try to chase them.

Rich
                Just a few helpful suggestions.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Try booze
                  And I think your neck will be acting up and you will need to lie down and rest a little.
                  Get organized and start watching things quicker.
                  Make sure she serves the leftover turkey to induce sleep. (or illness)
                  Fake falling asleep with lots of snoring to try to chase them.
                  Hmmmmm...
                  1) Booze won't work. That just makes her want to party longer.
                  2) The neck trick might work, especially if we do the Christmas Tree during the day. The problem is, it might not just be an excuse
                  3) I have to time it right. If I start too early, it just means time to watch "one more" program
                  4) After last week... turkey is out (in more ways than one)
                  5) This has worked well in the past. But I will only use it as a last resort since it might be wearing thin
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

i wish you luck Ming......i will do a little cheer for you

maybe smartfart will play tonite.....it would be nice to have four.....five is too many..... but four is usually ideal

Comment

I expect to be around tomorrow night. I don't know if I'll get MP working though. I e-mailed the problem I was experiencing to the tech support people at Inforgrames, and believe it or not they responded. I haven't had time to do what they suggest yet, but will do so tomorrow. (Actually, it's simplistic -- I'm supposed to completely delete the Civ II files from the hard drive, including the recycle bin, and then reinstall. Previously, I had just uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. We'll see, wish me luck.)
                      "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                      Jonathan Swift

Comment

wishing you luck birdy!

Comment

Yeah good luck bird. Gee that sounds too simple to work.

War4, based on your extremely high activity on Apolyton today, I must assume one of two things.

1. You are really really bored and civIII ain't cutting it. You need to get back working.

2. Working on beating Raz's one day post count record in hopes of being a deity before you head back to work.

Rich
                          Gee, maybe i'll build some elephants tonight. The legions I've built in the last couple of games have been real effective.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            Yeah good luck bird. Gee that sounds too simple to work.

War4, based on your extremely high activity on Apolyton today, I must assume one of two things.

1. You are really really bored and civIII ain't cutting it. You need to get back working.

2. Working on beating Raz's one day post count record in hopes of being a deity before you head back to work.

Rich
                            Gee, maybe i'll build some elephants tonight. The legions I've built in the last couple of games have been real effective.
                            your probably right on all accounts.... to make matters worse i lost my keys so i am under house arrest! what is the single day post record.....

i ca'nt get it..the boards are way too slow and the OTF doesn't count....

going back to work on moday..thank god...of course in two weeks i will be whining about being back.....

as for civ3...piece of junk

it will never be mp and the ai as you put it is just too stupid

been watching mtv...tired of all the george harrison crap...too much kid rock!

i don't know how these guyz spam so much .... its getting on my nerves when i do it.......haha

Comment

I don't know, you'll have to ask raz.

Your prolific effort this week has moved you up into the top 80 posters. (only because otf posts don't count)

I wouldn't call your posts today spam though. But if you kept it up for 2 months.............................

MTV
                              Didn't know how depressing a day could get. Makes work look even better.

My only gripe is that the Golf season is ending here. I didn't play last weekend which was my first missing weekend since April. This weekend looks iffy. MUST PLAY GOLF, DOMES ARE FOR WIMPS>

RAH
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X