No announcement yet.

First Civ3 multiplayer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah ok.....i think that was the night the girlfriend came home and had been in a car accident....

in the ealy game at times i am willing to let units go by....and work on my diplomacy.....but most people just attack me....i don't know why

elephants are my nemesis...i have had some poor results with people rolling up with 12 of those beasts....

i want to crawl under the computer when that happens.......

if i promised you a reign of terror because of it. i will do my best to fullfill that promise in the near future
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

in the ealy game at times i am willing to let units go by....and work on my diplomacy.....but most people just attack me....i don't know why
      Hehe, depending on where they are relative to my core cities, I'll let other civ's units go by also, with a few exceptions. I never let a ferret go by, though. Same with Mongol Hordes. Wonder why?
      "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
      Jonathan Swift

Comment

HEY, I should feel insulted, but you're probably right. Once you let ferrets in, they're very destructive and expensive to exterminate.

War4, "work on my Diplomacy"

Your best/only diplomatic line is upon first contact. "well should we try to eliminate each other this game or not?" But of course, that's about the most diplomatic that I get too.

RAH
        The rest of the game usually rides on how we answer that question.
        The Ferrets Best Friend......The sneak attack bonus.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah

War4, "work on my Diplomacy"

Your best/only diplomatic line is upon first contact. "well should we try to eliminate each other this game or not?" But of course, that's about the most diplomatic that I get too.

RAH
          The rest of the game usually rides on how we answer that question.
          The Ferrets Best Friend......The sneak attack bonus.
          er uhm...i think it is YOU who asks how we are going to play it out...

the other day on icq phone was a classic..... trying to remember if it was you or ming...but i was the germans and built right by a city of his/yours and it was attacked..and destroyed...meanwhile one of you was giving me a play by play of what the germans were doing without realizing it was me... and i kept my mouth shut..it was costly too IIRC.....but it added some fun to the game.....it played out like it should have happened....

The mongol horde of beavers (sometimes dubbed the Canadian War Beavers) and the Ferrets.....two of the worst rodent infestations to find in your back yard....especially if working in tandem

If you use up the sneak attack bonus on me...do i get one if i attack you or is it one per civ regardless of who uses it first ...

ie ferrets use against beavers..so beavers don't get one against ferrets but have one still against the mings

in reality its better when the ferrets and beavers both use the bonus on the mings

Comment

Yeah that was me that took out the German city. I remember telling you I was going to take out the city and you didn't say a word till it was gone and you said damn. Pretty funny.

Sneak attack. The person that breaks the peace gets it. You don't get it back unless one of us suckers the other into a formal peace then attacks. I try to get it against every civ in the game before they do it to me. It's usually quite potent. Last game in point. That unit was fortified in the City (Hills) and my non-vet horse killed it without suffering hardly any damage, and was made a vet. Gotta love that bonus. Since peace is an unlikely diplo option in our games, there is only one sneak attack between each pair of civs per game.

The main reason I like using it is because I don't want it used against one of my cities that could take out the strongest defender leaving the city easier to mop up. (granted it doesn't always work, but I love the percentages.)

Which means it's not healthy to find one of my units early if you've just expended all your movement points.

Rich
            Actually there is a way around it, but I'll let you figure it out.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i think i have it figured out the one that makes me curse is when you have a peace treaty ..go republic and forget when trying to declare war....damm senate...... i just want to pick up the #@$@#$#@$ screen and through it at someone........

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                I doubt it - he was very cheesed off about that.

He hasn't played since Hydey started nuking him for nothing in another game.
                Nukes are funny. I nuked Boann in a diplo game.
                Hooo doggies.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

u nuked boann....... that is an accomplishment i bet she looks pretty standing there in her nuked out dress

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    I have never tried to take a city of yours Deity.
                    I wonder why?

I provoked you often enough with my spotless rep... and mountain cities... and....
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

here we go......

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Any MP enthusiast that rushed out and bought Civ III did themselves a great injustice.
                        You cast a dollar vote, saying that it was ok to put the game out as is, which is SP.
                        Anytime one buys something, they are voting with their money.
                        If it's over priced or incomplete, and you buy it anyway, you're sending the message that it's acceptable.

I'm not buying any Civ III SP version. I'm casting my vote.
                        I'm still with ya Sloww. The boycott lives on! The half dozen or so of us will bring this greedy corporation to its knees!!
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

why not a pirate...at least this way you can practice..until they decide what they are going to do with this garbage game...it is worth a little practice...its just a joke really

Comment

well this thread is technically about "First civ 3 game" but as i havent actually palyed any to completion yet i guess i can pretend that i am still on my first...

Playing as french again, this time started in Africa near ethiopia. 7 other civs !!! Huge map of course...

Really struggling to maintain my cultural advantage i di with less civs and the AI is beating me to nearly all Wonders... Still no war at all and its 1200AD............ interesting !!!!!!
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

i am in the process of "aquiring" civ3 right now, 45min to dl...

i will however purchase the full version when they patch it
                              Where I've been

SAVE THE TREES...wipe your ass with an owl:)

Comment

Originally posted by General Maximus
                                i am in the process of "aquiring" civ3 right now, 45min to dl...
                                Whew, how fortunate you are, it'd probably take me 6 hours if i wanted it. I'll have to find some way to "try it out first" maybe i could download it at school, they have fast connections there. Hmm, if anyone has a copy that they could help me get send me an icq or PM. Thanks.

And for all you anti-piracy people, I may buy the game when they release MP if I like the game I download.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X