Thursday Night Builders Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night Builders Guild

On thursday, Rasputin, Prometheus and I started a "builders" game from the shambles of hotw.

It shall be an ever evolving game, but the emphasis shall be on peace and civilization development. There will be no declared "winner" (though one may naturally develop) as there is no determination for victory. We will play until 2020, with the only objective to be that we shall continue only if the game remains fun for all of us.

Roster:

Sioux - Drake
    Roman - Prometheus
    Mad Monks - Rasputin

In one session we got up to 480 AD.
    The following wonders were built:

Pyramids - Roman
    Collossus - Roman
    Marco Polos - Roman
    Michaelangelos - Roman
    Leonardos - Roman
    Bach's - Roman

Great Library - Sioux
    Adam Smith's - Sioux

Hanging Gardens - Mad Monks

Current city/unit counts:

Roman - 25, 26
    Mad Monks - 14, 20
    Sioux - 37, 20
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Temple, marketplace, aquadect, bank

OH FUN

why play with other people if all your going to do is repetative city builds?

Comment

Originally posted by GNGSpam
      Temple, marketplace, aquadect, bank

OH FUN
      No libraries?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well I had fun, It made or a relaxing time after the HOTW2 shambles... Besides, war might be involved , especially with those dame Romans buidling all the wonders for themselves !!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yeah, you forgot the libraries dumbass

Don't criticize the game chris. You're in no position.

It should be a lot of fun.

Comment

Well I had fun, It made or a relaxing time after the HOTW2 shambles... Besides, war might be involved , especially with those dame Romans buidling all the wonders for themselves !!!
            Of course war is a possibility. I don't think any of us said that war isn't allowed or that it should never happen. But is it the emphasis? Naw. I think we all had enough war at the end of hotw. No we're just looking for something a little slower paced and different. Don't see whats wrong with that.

Chris thinks that building is boring, I think that war in civ2 is for the most part boring. It's a difference of opinion. No biggie.

why play with other people if all your going to do is repetative city builds?
            "Repetitive city builds" is the foundation of what civilization is. A civ will never succeed without fundamental things for its cities (as you listed). Thats what happens in every game, whether it be against the AI or another human.

Comment

Current city/unit counts:

Roman - 25, 26
              Mad Monks - 14, 20
              Sioux - 37, 20

Good thing you've deemphasized war. With unit to city ratios like that, none of these civs would last 20 minutes in one of our games.

This was not meant to make fun of this game. Just an observation that I couldn't pass up seeing the 37,20.

Different strokes for different folks. As long as you're having fun.

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey, don’t pick on me; I am not the one with 37 cities…and an entire continent to themselves. Go invade Drake, he will be stronger than both of us soon.

Comment

Hey, don’t pick on me; I am not the one with 37 cities…and an entire continent to themselves. Go invade Drake, he will be stronger than both of us soon.
                  Yeah, you boys might have to soon...otherwise I'm gonna be too powerful for you to do anything about it

(Happy wonders? We don't need no stinkin' happy wonders!)

Rah - the other two civs are on a seperate continent and most of my un-defended cities are at the center of my empire. I have the resources to rush build defenders (and offenders if necessary), if I had reason to be suspicious of the other two, so even if one of them got aggressive (at this stage), I think I would have the ability to fend off just about any attack. (If I keep this sort of arrogant talk up, I'm sure I will find out if this is true )

If I was playing with a bunch of blood thirsty bastards, obviously I would be playing differently yes

Comment

Yes, our group would really qualify as "a bunch of blood thirsty bastards."

But contrary to popular opinion, we do build civs, and not just war.

RAH
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Continue on the 29th

And raz on the morning of the 30th....

Sound good pro? Raz?

I want to be able to continue to enforce my superiority on you!

Comment

so no game this week ??? why not ???

wasnt jsut your inner citys undefended, you had you coastal undefended too. I knew i set the barb level too low!!!!

Comment

hehe, i did say "most" raz

And yes there are exceptions to that statement as yes, there are some vulnerable cities that are not in the center of the empire.

You could have taken them raz. It's not like you couldve kept them though (without a significant invasion force). I have some un-defended cities, but the ability to populate them with warriors very quickly. Despite my low unit count, my empire fears no invasions! If the Monks or the Romans think otherwise, then perhaps they might have to test the mighty sioux!!!

And yes, I do think the barbs shoulda been raging (even though they've killed several of my units so far)

We can't play this week because tommorow is thanksgiving day here in the US

I'm going up to Maine for the holiday and I would imagine Pro would be going home from school to celebrate the holiday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                            We can't play this week because tommorow is thanksgiving day here in the US

I'm going up to Maine for the holiday and I would imagine Pro would be going home from school to celebrate the holiday as well.
                            Damn Yanky Holidays !!!!! Whats thanksgiving for anyway ???

Comment

Its a holiday to give thanks (as the title implies), to everything that is good in ones life and to enjoy it with a large meal, usually with family.

It has other more historical meanings (dating back to the days of pilgrims and indians and the settling of the new world). however, as with Christmas, these historical reasons are usually not why people in this day and age celebrate the holiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X