The Tourney is Ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tourney is Ended

I hereby withdraw from mangement of the Nominated Players Tourney. It is ended, over, done.

This year was not like last year. This time, people dropped out when things got bad in one game, could not adjust to losing players in a game, and tried to negotiate demands for continued play. And that was the *easy* round.

That's not why I tried to organize this event.

Nap will remain the one and only winner of the Nominated Players Tourney.

My apologies to the group that actually played their game. My apologies to those engaged in a game.

Too many players have come and gone, as if this was just a temporary diversion.

I'm ending it. Sorry.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

You tried your best... congratulations for your effort!

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Never forgive, never forget?

Thanks for your efforts Cavebear - you are a legend.
      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I was shocked and impressed that you and the players managed to get the first one completed.

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Good try Cavebear

It is a shame too many ****ers made it too hard for this to continue.
          Cavebear worked hard and put up with a lot of crap from some people.
          I hope one day we get the chance to play in something similar in the future.

for now I shall just be
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i think the interest has just died for civ2..... the idea was great but reality reared it's ugly face...... glad i didn't enter this one...

However one positive from this negative experience is that Nappy's trophy is that much more precious...... He truly is the civ2 MP champ.....

There will be a chance for a civ3 tourney perhaps next spring when the MP version is released.....

Until then ... Cavebear is the man and did what he could do to accommodate everyone.....
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Cavebear: Thx for all your efforts and good will.
              (... and our game didnt even started.)

Comment

Why didn't it start? Isn't that pretty much Cavebear's point?
                There certainly was a clammering for involvement, to have it come to this wretched end.

Thanks for the effort, Cavebear.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

why? Thats a good question.
                  I think a tournament is a good thing.
                  Why dont we set up an "enrrolment list" of dedicated players commited to play?

[Edit] Damn, I forgot to spell check [/Edit]

Comment

A noble effort cave, I salute you.

It was interseting reading the player's comments on these games, it's a shame it fell to pieces.
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I congratulate Cavebear on his efforts

Unfortunately some players act like their whole fate hinges on the outcome of one game.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Berzerker smoked me early on in our first game.
                        It didn't detract me from being interested in how all was going, in that game and the others.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thx Cavebear

Trust me Slow, it was only a matter of hut luck...

Comment

All players need to be involved for a tourney for it to be a succes. I checked in from time to see if someone was winning but the tourney was grinding to a halt. Cavebear made the right choice, there isn't much of a tourney when the players don't want to show up or play by the rules.

Kudos for trying to get if off the ground Cavebear.
                            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

im sorry about my computer crapping out on me
                              it was only up a week and took another dive
                              this past sat afternoon.
                              its being worked on again.
                              im writing this from work.
                              i hate that we never got to continue
                              i would be willing to play the game on for fun if
                              any are interested.

anyway sorry to hear of things ending this way.
                              i know you worked hard on things
                              thanks for your time cavebear.
                              "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X