Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important to your civ II multiplayer game is WLTLD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important to your civ II multiplayer game is WLTLD?

How would you like the game without it?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

I can live with it, or without it. It's a powerful tool to jack up your population. In single session games where the powergraph is important, it can make all the difference in the world. However, if all players get into republic and use it, it evens out in the end. It does jump start your science as well, so it's just another way of "speeding" up development in the early stages. But again, as long as everybody uses it in a game, the only advantage goes to who got there first... and the longer the game continues, the less important it really it is.

So if it was missing, all it would mean is that those players who don't use it/understand how to do it right, would be better off
    But since most players do understand...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So if it was missing, all it would mean is that those players who don't use it/understand how to do it right, would be better off
      get rid of WLTLD

j/k

i don't mind if it there or not since practically anybody can do it (even me ) so it evens out
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

There ain't gonna be no wood hippie,camel building love fests in mp Civ3

providing there is a mp Civ3.

There is a wonder now I think for some kind of "we love" growth.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I like it...

I think it's a stupid thing and never used it in SP.
          But since I started MP I use it all the time and I think on balance it nets out and the big advantage is it gets the game going earlier which you really need in such a slow paced MP game like civ.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

The only thing I don't like about wltkds is that in single session games, it just makes HG even more important. You can celebrate much better with it. In longer term games, your infrastructure can make up the difference, but in a one session game, it's considerably harder.

AND I think that since more and more people rush to republic in single session games, war is taking a even more back seat. And I like some conflict (besides barbs anyway).

Rich
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

With WLTPD:
              makes republic worthwhile (without it you are better off in monarchy)
              makes the happy wonders too powerfull
              what is a granary?

without it:
              makes the pyramid too powerfull
              slows the game a lot
              the 1 st to get to rep does not have a huge advantage
              you have to build granaries

Comment

GRANARY, the the heck is a Granary

I haven't built one in 3 years.

I read about them in the manual, but not sure what they do.

RAH
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

when i see things like ICS and OCC i'm confused, then figure it out. but i have now been confused over the concept of a granary? what is this expensive improvement, and how is it used?
                  Where I've been

SAVE THE TREES...wipe your ass with an owl:)

Comment

i never quite figured out WLT? Days , so i always build granerys...1!!!!
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I have only recently actively tried out using WLTxD as a strategy. In a recent SP experiment, I went from 4 mil pop to 6.5 mil pop in only 4 turns.

I know how to use it now. Prepare food terrain, get the cities to size 5 and jack up the luxury rate for 4 turns.

I hate it. Completely artificial, a software manipulation at worst and an unrealistic consequence at best.

Kill it!
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

There are many things in the game that aren't really realistic. It's part of the game though, and as Ming pointed out, is only an advantage if you are playing against someone who doesn't know how to use it properly. There are many other things in this game that are more annoying than this.
                        Novi Nomad

Comment

Working...
                        X