24 hour games, a new idea for Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hour games, a new idea for Multiplayer

Many diplo games are a good attempt to get longer games, but not always do they work, because of the long time there is between sessions.

Why not play 1 session of 24 hours?

I thought we could try this the following way without getting insomniatic. We could make teams with players of very different time zones, say 3 or 4 hours in between. Then you get teams of 6 to 8 players that can play 24 hours a day forever!

The team players take over for eachother after 3 or 4 hours of playing. If you start at 6 pm, then everyone in your team will start at 6 pm and end at 9 or 10 pm, Perfect!

The idea is that we now play team against team. If we have good teams, the game does not have to be saved ever and can end in 1 session. If a game is finished, a new can start immediatly.

In theory you can get home from work and take over a civ and stop at 9 or 10 EVERY DAY.

Any fanatics up to try this? I am in GMT +1, i could use team mates between GMT +4 and GMT -3
    Woke23, proud member of Europe

You have to love the concept... great idea

However, considering it's almost impossible to get people to even show up on time for a scheduled game... I can only wish you the best of luck
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No way, Woke.

Like Der Mingle said, it's hard to get people to show for scheduled games, and you think you can find successors?

Can't see that happening, sorry.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Nice, scepticism.

In the meanwhile i have found a team player: Jhorsburgh.

Our current time scheme in GMT 0 is as following

woke24 5pm - 11 pm (6-12pm GMT +1)
        Slowwhand 11pm -3.30 am (6-10.30pm GMT-5)
        Dylan Baker 3.30-6.30am (10.30pm- 1.30am GMT -5)
        Jhorsburgh 6.30 am- 9.30 am (0.30-3.30am GMT -6)
        Rasputing 9.30am- 1 pm (6.30-10.00pm GMT +9)

??????? 1pm-5pm

Who more is interested to join the team? We only need 1 more player to complete this team!

Preferably a player from GMT +4,+5 or +6.
        Last edited by Species8472; August 24, 2001, 20:01.

Comment

sounds an interesting concept i am GMT +9 ... all depends on when you run this ... which day/date !!!
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

slowwhand is GMT -6 and he plays at 6 pm, so he can fit between me and jhorsburgh.

rasputin, you would fit perfectly after Jhorsburgh, do you want in the team? how long can you play?

Comment

This is a great idea. It should be done than for no other reason then to say it was done.

I'm EST but have a flexible weekday scehdule, if you need another.

Comment

what time do you start dylan? maybe we could fit you in between me and slowwhand if you are early (2-6pm), or between slowwhand and jhorsburgh if you are late (10pm-2am est)

Comment

interesting concept...too bad my schedual doesnt' comply Have fun and hopefully this works out for you
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                    interesting concept...too bad my schedual doesnt' comply Have fun and hopefully this works out for you
                    Why dont you try to make your own team then war4ever? with 1 team, we cant play a game. the idea is to play against other teams!

Comment

Originally posted by Species8472
                      what time do you start dylan?
                      Honestly, the late shift (10 pm to 2 am eastern time) sounds all right to me. But it all depends on the night... Are you looking to do this this coming week?

Comment

It would also be interesting to follow up Slowwhand. Our styles contrast just a tad....

Comment

we can only start playing, once there form other teams to play against. lets wait for that.

Comment

We could still use someone in our team from either:

-Middle/east Russia
                            -India
                            -middle east
                            -West China

Comment

BTTT

Comment

Working...