HOTW Poll - Who you rooting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTW Poll - Who you rooting for?

Well jsut who do you all think should win this one?
    Adriaitcs-EU (Capos postings are brilliant)
    5.00%
    Zulus (Drakes website rocks)
    20.00%
    Israel-FDP (Raz just keeps stirring them all up)
    5.00%
    Mali (About time a girl kicked butt)
    15.00%
    China (Prom has been quiet for so long)
    5.00%
    Australia (Deity is the best after all)
    5.00%
    Mongols (Frank is everyones favourite)
    5.00%
    Who gives a sh!t I hate Diplo Games?
    25.00%
    What is HOTW2 anyway???
    15.00%
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

what?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Who cares?

If I have to pick one, Drake.

But really Ras, a poll on who should win your game?!!?

You really want that diety tag, don't ya?
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Who me Chris??

Just seeing if anyone else has been reading the HOTW2 thread and if so do they have a favourite perso nthey would like to see win... notihng unusual in that !!!!

Comment

I knew that string of readable posts would snap soon.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

oh, that diplogame thread. having had a unpleasant experience with a diplogame, they no longer interest me, so i don't bother reading about them
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

i'm sure no one really cares except those people playing. i certainly don't
              Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

my point exaactly Makeo, the deluded palyes in HOTW2 think others actually read their drivel but I think they dont, who would reaaly care.. !!!

Comment

Some of the classic diplo games are a great read..... HOTW was a good read until it fell apart..... its so hard to read a story with no ending
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

yes i know what you mean War4, most of the drivel comes form one person who is simply spamming his way through the forums !!!!

But seriouisly , there is an end in sight, the allainces have changed and the balance of power is swinging again.

Just had a re read last night of the original early threads, they ar eno differnet to the later threads, bad coonections, capo whinning everyone picking on him, people leaving , people coming back....

It is hard to beleive it was over 6 months ago it started, I had forgotton you were an original War4 !! Your once mighty Mongols are not the power they once were sadly, the multiple changes of leadership havnet helped of course.

I guesss the main thin tha tthe HOTW threads show is that to finiosh A diplo game you need persistance and plenty of SUBS !!!!

I am hoping once the game over to go back with capo and rewrite the whole threads , removing al the whining ones and jsut post the whole story at Drakes website tha twill improve its readability

Comment

Ras in the HOTW game i truly was an origional..... Although i was only coming into my power when i left after three sessions...... People were concerned about my GROWING power....

That all aside once i was killed by the evil Adriatic League assassins.... civil war broke out with a bunch of PRETENDERS claiming my thrown.....

I only wish i had the time to reclaim it However i sit high above in the Heavans with Capo watching and cursing from the sielelines

If i c less bickering and more playing i will check out the thread again....i do have a "nostalgic" desire to read the thread again!

Best of luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Ha ha ha! Let's all pick on the FOUNDER!!!

But seriously, I know it really isn't a good excuse at all, but since I started the game its hard to see something you worked hard on not to go the way you *want* it to (and no I am not talking about the AL/EU's success).

But I understand that there are six other people now more than I ever have before, the bullsh*t has helped the game, in some sort of warped way.

Anyway, my interest, which I'll admit had floundered for a good month, is definitely back and I'm hoping that the game is going to pick up. Not to be very arrogant about this game, and I hope that the other six feel the same way, but the stories are amazing so far and the politics have been the best I've seen in any diplogame, and I've seen as much as anyone else has (and probably have played in more).

But HOTW 2.2 is going to make its debut in the upcomming session and hopefully this will mark the begining of the end (as far as stalling and BS goes). So what I'm going to do, despite the fact that it is unnecessary, is start up a new thread so that this time it will be straight up posting. It MIGHT be a good idea to put up another OCC thread for HOTW, but those tend to get ruined by people not paying attention to the parameters... I guess its worth a shot.

But yeah, I am now more confident than ever that this game is going to finish and finish well. The mindset everyone came into the game has changed dramatically but in the end its probably for the best, I think all of the players we've had have learned a few things about how a diplogame should go, and believe me the list of players is nearly endless.

On that note, I know its a little "early" but I think an HOTW 3 is in order. This time we'd have at least four people that are ready to put in their two cents for this version, which I think may wind up being as perfect as a diplogame is going to be with HOTW 2 behind us.

And finally, for those who might ask "What happened to HOTW 1?" well why don't you let Nappy answer that one for you... that SOB.

Yeah, I'm off to post the next thread for HOTW, which I believe will be the fifth for the game.

FINALLY... I may say this a lot but I think my "attitude" warrants a constant reminder to all; while I may seem to legitimately hate and/or despise some of you guys perosonally I really don't. I just have this grating and annoying personality (apparently). I hold all six of my partners (they are not opponents, we are working together for this) in a very high regard and have thuroughly enjoyed the game thus far and really am appreciative of the time and effort you have put into making this game the best possible Diplogame imagineable... can't wait for HOTW 3...

As always, peace.
                        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          Ras in the HOTW game i truly was an origional..... Although i was only coming into my power when i left after three sessions...... People were concerned about my GROWING power....
                          EDIT
                          ROTFLMAO!

Growing power? My little ally... I just checked the pg and Mongols sucked until EASTHAVEN took them into SUPREME spot for a period!

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                            i'm sure no one really cares except those people playing. i certainly don't
                            What you going on about Makeo? I know you take a keen interest in other games and even check out the saves!

So do I. I love following the other games, like the Huge Game and the other diplos like the Mon Night Game that drake won...

I was rooting for him then.

And I'm rooting for you Makeo in the Huge Game!

Don't let me down
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity

ROTFLMAO!

Growing power? My little ally... I just checked the pg and Mongols sucked until EASTHAVEN took them into SUPREME spot for a period!

uh thats why i was almost at war with everyone..... i could have taken ALL of Asia but i backed off for the Chinese and ceeded terrirtoy.....

my land start was the worst and yet i was almost in the lead with cities and i was with units IIRC...... i spent three sessions laying down a pretty solid foundation...... i made the right deals and put the mongols in a position for someone else to take over and lead them to glory......

so Deity..... with your cushy little aussie land where you had no contact for years.... and had no idea there were other civs in existence.... buzz off

Comment

Working...
                              X