Another happy evening at the zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another happy evening at the zone

Since none of my regular players showed up Friday night (grrr!) I went to the zone for some multiplayer fun. I imagine its a bit like the way homosexual men go to public lavatories when their regular partners are away.

I was quickly invited into a game with another Australian, Nathan from Townsville, and a nice Dutch player called Jochem. I had to hotjoin. So far so good, the game had just started. It was King level, i.e. easy, but the timer was set at a brisk 1 minute.

My civ had one city and 2 units. I quickly established another city on a wine hex. As I was about to establish my third city one of Nathan's archers showed up right next to my new second city. I offered peace. He said he wanted a treaty and maps of cities. I said, "yeah right, just make peace." He took this as agreeing to his terms. When I didn't give him maps he attacked and destroyed my second city.

Whilst I was flaming him about that, I pressed b in King chat during my turn and my settler established a city on a very unfavourable spot within the city radius of my capital. Then a chariot showed up and took that undefended city.

I disarmed my capital which now had his archer right next to it and the chariot one hex away, planning to hotjoin in an ai civ and take revenge. I did this, and saw the dead civ sequence for the first time in a very long time, but he left the game shortly after (Grrr!). I left shortly after that because I found once I had built up my new civ to 8 cities, the one minute timer started driving me insane.

But I had fun - the zone isn't a complete write off. I told both about this place but I doubt they'll show up - Nathan said I was insufferably arrogant. Wonder why.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

"But I had fun - the zone isn't a complete write off. I told both about this place but I doubt they'll show up - Nathan said I was insufferably arrogant. Wonder why."

LOL, we'll have to make you the Poly ambassador to the Zone.
    "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
    Jonathan Swift

Comment

"insufferably arrogant"

I have been invited to Hot join a few games reasonably early. The results have been less than satisifying. One game I joined the AI had placed it's one city and was busy irrigating every square around the size 3 city. Within 3 turns, a half dozen of Hannibals elephants showed up to trash my capital and the second city that I had just created. Why did they bother to ask me to join? So the could brag about kicking someone's but? I've had that happen 3 or 4 times now. I think the player that joins late is at a big enough disadvantage, the least they can do is not wipe you out for at least the first 10-20 turns. Needless to say, I don't do this anymore, unless it's players I know and they agree to cut me some slack for the first few turns.

RAH
      Sometimes it is fun to show them that a civ can rise from the ashes.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        "

RAH
        Sometimes it is fun to show them that a civ can rise from the ashes.
        Generally though, its much more fun to crush the weak before they can rise to greatness

Ok thats enough smileys

TIMBO
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Since none of my regular players showed up Friday night (grrr!) I went to the zone for some multiplayer fun. I imagine its a bit like the way homosexual men go to public lavatories when their regular partners are away.
          LMAO

How do you know where gay men go when their partners are away
          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Too Much Information

That's what I was wondering.
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

sounds like hydey been telling AH all his lonely secrets
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Is Horse gay?

I only passed on the information you gave me Raz.
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

As i was typing that porevious post i just knew the exact wording your following post would have

I remember when i first got Civ 2 MPE and did a search online for civ2 MP and got straight to the Zone, it was great actually finding other palyers, other newbies like myself, of course there were some real immature people there like "Darknes of Niight" "Lord of Darkness" etc.. but I never palyed those type of people.

I met some cool dudes there and had great fun, one day i follwoed a link on Zone site that took me Apolyton, after a few months I met a few more Aussies and never went back to the zone.

It took nearly 12 months online to actually find out Alexanders Horse actually paled civ, he didnt just post at Off Topic (well Spam at OT reaaly) .

I have returned a few times to the Zone, but always take it with a grain of salt, knowing that games rarely if ever continue beyondf one session lasting no more than 1-2 hrs...

Good for fun , but not the real thing
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

No. 1 in all demogs

Horse and I went to the zone last night , Horse started agame and I joined. I did very well so there is no hope ever that game will see the screen again.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Perhaps you should go to the Zone and dominate?
                      Then you could be King of the Imbeciles, and not have to deal with Horsey anymore?
                      I have found people there to be churlish and rude, personally.

Comment

Uncle Sneak, how could you suggest that I not deal with my dad anymore.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Well...I hate to break it to you, but most fathers and sons have a period of conflict.
                          Its part of becoming a man, nephew.

But don't worry...you'll be right as rain years later, when you realize that the old man went through the same crap life is dealing out to you.

But beating up on the Zoners, regardless of how you and the sire are doing is a good idea. Make a name for yourself!

Comment

AH, what is your zone name? I think I saw you once but you never responded to my messages.....
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Kill zonies

AlexHorse.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X