No announcement yet.

Best players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL 50%? There has NEVER been anybody to ever go 50/50 with me. I mean in the past 2 years the best of them are lucky to be maybe 20/80. Who do you think is actually going to believe that? lol ANd lest face it, you're the 8 day champ.

P.S. Do you even know what catacombs means?

Comment

Strategyking makes a Civ living off talking newbies at the Zone into League, then munching them up for points.

One of the downsides of League's structure.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Best Players?

Sounds like Tourney time to me. I will henceforth open a thread for the 2001 Players Tourney. Add the points and structure will be better this time!
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Markus,
          How come you have so much pollution with only 20 shields?
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
            umm for us mere mortals, can some one please do a tutorial on how to get 50 Gold per commodity in Trade per turn ....

This is obviously one of this hidden explanations in manual
            This needs to be explained Markus.
            I know we did tests together but it still doesn't make sense. Unless you explain it I continue to believe it is a bug.
            Eyes says it's not though.
            Does anyone else follow this?
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
              Markus,
              How come you have so much pollution with only 20 shields?
              when you get mass production, all size 20 and above cities have HUGE pollution. I believe this is a size 38. If i where to build mass transit it would reduce pollution to about 5 or 6.
              Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
              and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by deity

This needs to be explained Markus.
                I know we did tests together but it still doesn't make sense. Unless you explain it I continue to believe it is a bug.
                Eyes says it's not though.
                Does anyone else follow this?
                Connect the cities with roads and then railroads, maximize trade in each city (roads everywhere, superhighways etc), and make sure the trade route is to another civ (doubles per turn trade). Obviously in this case Rome is a city similar to Babylon in size and trade production to create large routes - it can be done legitimately though, tested it out using cheat mode and i have +22 routes with my own cities and +45 routes with another civ, and none of these cities were as trade optimized as Babylon is in the pic.

Comment

well i don't understand why there are no units in the city
                  to support.
                  at this point in the game , most of the time is war with someone.
                  unless this is a SP game and you made peace with the ai's or
                  how can you get away with not supporting your capital city ?

maybe this is a dumb rookie question , but i still would like to know
                  "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Just for fun i went and created 2 cities in cheat mode, to see what kind of trade i could get. I took a screen shot of what it would look like in 1x and 2x. Not much difference really
                    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                    and kill them!

Comment

Carnide....I'd have to say no. I've never been impressed with his game, he's too simplistic. Species could probably be on there. Berzerker and Crusty? Kind of in the same boat as Carnide. Never played MarkE so I don't know. Suas is not a top tier player
                      Well, Carnide is better than me so I may be in a third or fourth tier. But Mark E and Suas are very good players. Those cities are impressive, Markus! I have to struggle to get a civ over 5000 total science and you can do it with 2 cities. Well, I'm sure I can get more than 5000 if I play a game to the end with all the city improvements, etc.

Comment

Stil lcvant see how this can be done, if it takes trade to a foriegn civ na dthat civ needs to have citys of similar size.. Then a few points come to mind.

Most players who claim this type of trade, do so in MP games where they are so far ahead of any opposition it snot funny, so no way the opposition has that size city.

secondly if this is SP, it doesnt count as this is MP , and the poll was for MP best player, and erven if it is SP. the AI never builds citys that big that quick in the game...

So agai ni ask, how is ti possible, without cheating to achieve this type of thing...

As you see above in Markus second pic, you see that in 1x there is not enoguh food to support the city and it is quickly dying , so would need many food caravans to survive...

Please explain more, I know eyes wil lbe best for a blow by blow description of how this is done...
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Your assuming noone else is building these kind of cities - if your ally's doing the same thing then you can get these huge routes easily.

Comment

Jesus, goto cheat, create 2 citys aways apart, give them ever city improvement, take away all tech after freight is delivered and you can do even better then this. Want to get even get more crazy? Make the colossus have no experation date. Got even more time? Build many citys and find the ones with the best supply and demand.

Comment

Is it Strategyking, or cheatsking?

Only inbred desperate players would do something like that.
                              Look at the referenced game and think a minute.
                              Markusf? never mind.
                              Last edited by SlowwHand; June 5, 2001, 08:30.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

ok hands up all those that have been involved in an MP and I stress MP game, where by 1000AD , two civs had massive citys large enough to maintain this type of trade.....

I see a lot of this can be done in Scenario game sstrictly setup to do this, also via cheat mode, but as this is a MP Forum and a MP Poll, I would like some MP answers.....
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X