Best players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deity

Thanks Sir Francis. But on a serious note I think your credentials are on the ascendancy! With that win in the Monday Night diplo and hot on my heels in HOTW2 you'll be in these lists before you know it!
    You feeling lucky? Go ahead, screw my pg Not!

Serious oimissions:
    Makeo (as in Smack-ee-oh!)
    carnide
    MarkE
    Berzerker
    Crusty
    species, I believe?
    And I understand Epik and suas are good too...

And I thought that someone in the Rah/Ming/Bird group really rocked? Who was it? Not War4. He sux. He dodges games too.....
    pah i don't dodge anyone........
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Never played makeo so I don't know, Carnide....I'd have to say no. I've never been impressed with his game, he's too simplistic. Species could probably be on there. Berzerker and Crusty? Kind of in the same boat as Carnide. Never played MarkE so I don't know. Suas is not a top tier player, and I doubt Epik is though I've never played him.

Comment

With that win in the Monday Night diplo and hot on my heels in HOTW2 you'll be in these lists before you know it!
        Who's to say you're not on my heels Deity
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by drake

Who's to say you're not on my heels Deity
          Well, we all know you are the big leader in this game but the empirical analysis suggests:
          * You have 45 techs; I have 48
          * I'm first in pop, GNP and production

But it is true that you have led most of the game.... and you could say I've been hot on your heel
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
            Never played makeo so I don't know, Carnide....I'd have to say no. I've never been impressed with his game, he's too simplistic. Species could probably be on there. Berzerker and Crusty? Kind of in the same boat as Carnide. Never played MarkE so I don't know. Suas is not a top tier player, and I doubt Epik is though I've never played him.
            OK, just for the fun of it, my 'sense' of it is this:

TOP TIER:
            Nappy (Tourney 2000 winner)
            ariitea (did very well in Tourney 2000)
            Markus (did very well in Tourney 2000)
            Eyes*
            Kaak*
            Makeo
            Smartfart*
            JB*
            species*

GREAT 2nd TIER PLAYERS:
            carnide
            Berzerker
            Crusty
            Epik*
            suas333*
            RAH
            Ming*
            Bird
            War4ever
            kengel*
            jediscum*
            Mark E
            deity (put myself here)

GREAT UP AND COMING PLAYERS:
            drake
            Zylka
            EASTHAVEN
            agharta

PLAYERS WITH SPECIAL MILITARY and/or DIPLO QUALITIES:
            Alexanders Horse - military
            Rasputin - aggressive and clever diplomacy
            finbar - serious peacemonger
            GNGSpam - brilliant diplomat and manipulator
            Capo - story telling and gamesmanship (better than Eyes!)

AND MANY OTHER TERRIFIC PLAYERS who are very 'clubbable' and in any given game any of us can shine:

I'm sure there are more names to go in but just playing around with this for the heck of it!
            It would be nice to have an Apolyton League for proper MP games with a rating system, especially with Civ3 coming out.

*deity not played against
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Agharta is an up and coming player? I think that's an insult to all those who have talent.

Comment

who me aggresive ??? NEVER !!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

When you guys can duplicate this then we can talk This is 1x 1x btw.

Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                  and kill them!

Comment

gee enlightning....why don't you ever post screens of when your losing

Comment

No joke. Play a hundred games, all different, and then pick one as representative ?
                      uh huh.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                        gee enlightning....why don't you ever post screens of when your losing
                        losing? whats that? I have never heard of it
                        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                        and kill them!

Comment

ah i see the difference in first and second tier now....... first tier can't admit to losing any games and the second tier is very humble

Comment

LOL @ War4

It must be hard having never lost a game, take it out of the box , play it for the first time , crush the AI on Deity by 500 bc.
                            I'm glab I had to struggle my way learning from my mistakes.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

umm for us mere mortals, can some one please do a tutorial on how to get 50 Gold per commodity in Trade per turn ....

This is obviously one of this hidden explanations in manual
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

HA! I got to laugh at this one. More Apoloyton arrogance. Quite possibly the best player in the world was left off the list.
                                That would be the 8 time Game League Champion, StrategicKing.
                                You inbred hicks got to come forth from your catacombs, theres more civ life out side this puny community.
                                I cant say for certain that you people are no good, since we never play. Mostly your fault, I am so easy to find on gaming zone or icq. But from some of the players on the list like arii and markus I have beaten frequently and eyes recently could do no better then 50% vs me in duels. But nobody touches me in team games or multiplayer games.
                                Your all a bunch of wannabies...I vote for myself...
                                Blow me if you dont like it...

Comment

Working...
                                X