No announcement yet.

Best players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this count if Horse gets all his DL's to vote for him.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

shucks this was only menas to be for fun , we al lknow who the real best palyers are... and they never boast nor brag....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
        shucks this was only menas to be for fun , we al lknow who the real best palyers are... and they never boast nor brag....
        Don't worry... With AH tied for the lead, it's just proof that people aren't taking it too seriously
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hoo ah!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

LOL this is going to be fun

any new stories about Eyes being beaten by rookies?

Comment

I would say Deity or makeo are the best I've played - War 4 is good too but we only played out one game. makeo probably has the edge because I haven't tested out Deity's military skills. But Deiticity's day will come - Horsecity has a nice ring to it I think.

Not sure about Eyes - he was playing with a modified rules.txt when he played me and he only plays the settings that he likes. The fact that Raz beat him really makes me wonder. In our games Raz's civ is regularly destroyed by the barbs!

I can't comment on people I haven't played, but there are certainly some famous names there.

I'm a very lazy player - I know I could do more with my civs but between turns I usually watch TV or do paperwork in my office. I just couldn't be bothered with all the micro after a long day at work and putting the kids to bed, and talking to Mrs Horse. The Australian group games are more social than dog eat dog. The the Yanks and Euros seem to play it hardball all the time.

But its nice to get mentioned. And most of those trying, rather incompetently I might say to troll me have never played me.

As for you Raz, if you start showing up regularly you might find out why it wasn't a good idea to put a question mark next to my name.
              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 31, 2001, 20:07.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Does this count if Horse gets all his DL's to vote for him
                Lol.

I voted for Nappy but it said I already voted, hmm... But Nappy, Markus, Eyes, Arii, and Kaak (some by rep, not personal experience) are on the top tier.

Comment

You are quite good too berserker - but you were naughty for starting games with us and never finishing them. I'm having fun now demolishing a few of your civ which are now in ai hands. Thanks for all the free cities.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                    Deity gets my vote since he's the only one I've had any real experience with....even if he's slow as hell
                    Thanks Sir Francis. But on a serious note I think your credentials are on the ascendancy! With that win in the Monday Night diplo and hot on my heels in HOTW2 you'll be in these lists before you know it!
                    You feeling lucky? Go ahead, screw my pg Not!

Serious oimissions:
                    Makeo (as in Smack-ee-oh!)
                    carnide
                    MarkE
                    Berzerker
                    Crusty
                    species, I believe?
                    And I understand Epik and suas are good too...

And I thought that someone in the Rah/Ming/Bird group really rocked? Who was it? Not War4. He sux. He dodges games too.....

Actually AH is militarily very good as proven in that game against Makeo. He just doesn't micro, as he says.
                    Last edited by deity; June 1, 2001, 03:36.
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I am the greatest! (oops)

Ming and rah should have been on there too from what I have heard. finbar as well if he wasn't an ageing pacifist hippy who takes the fun out war

Hydey could get a guernsy for a his unique playing style.

Raz could be there for beating Eyes alone!

Personally I prefer "good company" to "good player" and I am fortunate to have fallen in with a really good group of people.

*blows kiss*

Comment

Thanks for the mention. Since I usually only play for fun and don't play outside of a small group, I don't expect to ever show up on a list like this, so any mention is appreciated. And I prefer to be underestimated.

From my limited experience with the people here, there are only a couple of people that also belong on the list.

Berzerker
                        Matt

While I think no one can claim to be the ultimate best, these two players are in the top tier.

Rich

And I too am happy to have fallen in with good fellowship.
                        But I refuse to blow kisses.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... thanks for the mention AH.

But I've played many of the top tier players, and I'm not in their league.
                          You can just call me a second tier player
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well after you both mentioned me so nicely I just felt I had to return the compliment.

Comment

No offense was meant AH

You are a solid player. Granted, I have never played you so I can't really judge if you are one of the top tier players... but from reading all the threads here, I assume that like me, you are not quite in their league.

Like you, I play for fun... and I just want to be competitive
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yes, AH, I've always liked Apolyton because of the "fellowship" and the playful ribbing that occurs. Most of us take it in the right light. And like Ming, having never played you, I can't judge, but I can kid you.

Ming, yes definitely second Tier
                                Maybe if you could play more on Fridays and Saturdays, my opinions of your skill level would go up.

Rich
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X