Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogames in Civ3

http://www.firaxis.com/civ3/gameupdate.cfm

I am now very excited about Civ3. They have a nifty tutorial about how the resource/boundry system will work, and its very cool. Further, the mention ideas like unique units and such.

I know some of this wont make duel'ers happy, but for diplogames, its a dream come true.

They also have 3 new screenshots, 2 of a game being played from the world map screen, check them out.

Seems like it has definite posibilities for a lot of things I wanted to do in Civ2, so I am looking forward to it.

At the same time it also seems like we would need to master it a bit before we get into some hardcore diplogames. I am looking forward to a Civ3 Diplogame, BTW, does anyone know when it is coming out?
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

november. but don't hold your breath.
      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
      and kill them!

Comment

HOTW2 will undoubtly be finished before that time (the time it comes out, which will likely be jan. I know they say Nov. but you always tack on 2 or 3 months to the estimate =).

So will greek dip I bet if I ever got off my ass and finished the techs.

Comment

a real benifit of a new game is we wil lall be learnnig together, so now real advantage at first ....
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

In the case of any game that revolves around diplomacy, it doesnt matter how skilled you are in game mechanics, just in how smooth you are in diplomacy =)

The good diplogamers will always be good diplogamers.

Comment

probably why i survive in MP , my great Dip skills
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I like the fact that improvements to your city must be made. It doesnt make sense that a barren city will continue to grow and grow.

The fact that some resources must be obtained to build certain units is great too......................

Looking forward to Civ 3 dip games
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I am going to really push 7 player civ3 games on my site when i finish it. Even got a fully working diplogame ladder & multiplayer scheduling system.

We can just hope firixas makes it easy to play civ3 multiplayer. If not i will stick to master of orion 3 when it comes out in sept.
                  Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                  and kill them!

Comment

Yea, i deffinatly think Civ 3 will be wonderful for diplogames.

The whole resource system changes everything and it is much appreciated. One of best tactics in the real world is to strike at people resources. In WW2 finding oil was the largest problem for the Axis. Discovery of the New World, trade with China, all sorts of ground breaking developments in history have been brought about because of desire for some natural resource. In civ2 Oil, Coal, Gold or anything else doesn't really matter so this part of the game falls flat.

In Civ3 with resources starting to mirror their real world significance this will be hugely important to diplogames. Allainces will be made not just with who is closer, but what combination of resources are needed to excel. Also culture and borders, and special units, whew, this is a diplogamer's paradise.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                    X