Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for PBEM?

Hi,
    just wondering if anyone is interested in a PBEM game. I just got CivII MPG so it will be my first one, therefore I'm open to suggestion for all rules and settings. I do have experience with SMAC PBEM so I'm not a total newbie
    Regards,
    Zeebo.

I'm up for it, don't know what SMAC is, probably not available in the Uk though.
    Email me at MMSuperstar@hotmail.com
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Comment

That would be Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Great game, you should check it out if you like Civ (I'm sure it's available wherever you are). Anyway, are there any other PBEM players out there??

Comment

I might be interested depending on the frequency that turns are expected. I have to leave town periodically for work so I can't post every day but should be able to do 2-3 times per week.

Comment

My brother Pastieman would probably play as well, if you don't mind two brothers. We're not particularly likely to ally as we both have different styles of play.
          Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Comment

Superstar: I have no problem with the brother thing, I just wanna play!
            Skryke: I would prefer to try for 1 turn/day at least.

Comment

Ok, when can we get started? We'll probably need regular posting times, I'm available to post my saves any time, but my bro's will have to be at about 9pm GMT as he doesn't get back from work till late.

Comment

1 or 2 more players might be good. Know anyone else who might be interested? Any suggestions for rules/game settings?

Comment

Well, i am a MP newb too, also i played for years against the AI. Perhaps someone could tell me what "PBEM" is? Perhaps i am interested, too. Please email to
                  kengel@physik4.gwdg.de. Thanx!

------------------
                  greets from the Warrior of sky

Comment

Play By Electronic Mail
                    would be / will be supreme drag for the first 500 years or so; turns are simply too short. However, it would make ALOT of sense after the mid-game era when each human has a couple of doz cities & there are some wars going on.
                    "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"

Comment

[/Lurker mode]

I'd be interested in a PBEM game. Only one question... how would it work with civMPG edition? I don't see an option anywhere for it on the multiplaying screen. Is it a matter of just passing the save game around by e-mail. Anyway I'm sick of waiting for CTP PBEM so if anyone can get a PBEM civ2 game going e-mail me at mywon1@student.monash.edu.au...

Many thanks....

[Lurker Mode]

------------------

Monkey I am proud to be!
                      Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                      ...Stefu

Monkey I am proud to be!
                      ...Stefu

Comment

Hi All,
                        well it's taken a while but we have some expressions of interest so maybe we can start a game with the following players:

Superstar
                        Pastieman
                        Kengel (Maybe)
                        Monkey
                        Zeebo (Me!)

Pls post here for confirmation and your game preferences. I suggest we go for Accelerated Start to avoid that annoying stage of the game mentioned by KenThur. For all other settings I'm open to suggestion.
                        One thing I've noticed a lot of discussion about is the city bribe thing, what's everyone's opinion on this? Should we allow city bribes or not?

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Zeebo.

Comment

Me and Pastie confirm. City Bribe is an important part of civ and should be left in.
                          Other than that I'm easy. Acc start up is also good idea.
                          Lets get this show of the road guys.

Comment

I've just sent email to kengel and Monkey, so hopefully we'll hear back from them soon and can get started...

Comment

I'll play if its not too late. Never played PBEM before.
                              Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Working...
                              X