Massively Multiplayer Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massively Multiplayer Civilization

I think it would be extremely fun to have a massively-multiplayer civ-like game. Imagine it: hundreds of people on a gigantic and highly-detailed map, it would be incredible!

There would be quite a few problems, however. The obvious one is time. A game of that magnitude would not only crash most people's computers because of the huge detail and map size, but each turn would take hours.

What do you guys think?

I think I don't know why you are talking to us about it.

------------------
    Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.

Comment

There is game called artifact, which is a large on line game involve hundreds of players in a single map/game. Each player have 2hr hour time per day to manage the empire, say build mining, irrigation, hospital, school, etc. The empire will then grow even u are not on line. The goal of the game is to capture and hold a certain number of ancient artifacts. You may go for lonely wolf, which win by self, or ally with others. But you have to pay a it to get citizenship to be able to ally and also have longer time of playing per day. It's an interesting game. I like some of its ideas. Maybe u can try that. Somehow it's more like AOE instead of CIVII. Like a lot of other online games, good connection is essential during war.

Comment

Working...
      X