Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Friday or Saturday or both (to be continued game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Friday or Saturday or both (to be continued game)

I'm going to try to host a GAME TO BE CONTINUED. Yes I know I'm a sucker for punishment, but I have to try.

I'll go with any combination. A friday only game, a saturday only game, or one for Friday and Saturdays. I'll settle for anyone that will commit for two or three weeks.

Please post any interest.

I'd like to start tonight around 7:30 - 8:00 central Ferret time.

Anybody familar with the ferrets know the settings I prefer, but If I can get some commitment, they're up for negotiation. (except for deity, raging, huts and wonders)

I'll check in here during the day and will be at Ming's tonight.

RAH
    Lord of the Ferrets
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

The beavers are always willing to play with the Ferrets !!!!!!
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Sign me up... Sign me up...
      Opps, you are using my computer on Friday nights... never mind

Remember to bring dinner, see you at the normal time.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

don't you guys normally play 2x 1x? Arii remember the last 7 player 2x 1x game we were in? i got 18 of 24 wonders including all the happy and army wonders, and all wonders from the middle ages on up.

I am willing to play, but i warn you me and arii have perfected our growth, and if we pull waaay ahead i don't see to many people motived to continue
        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
        and kill them!

Comment

Nice to see you're cockey as ever.
          Yes, I am worried that we haven't learned anything in the last year while you've made vast improvements.
          I do remember other games where you didn't fair quite as well.

I'm willing to negotiate settings. I'm not a big fan of 1x1x, but I'm willing to discuss it. A good game with the caliber of people posting in this thread would be worth a few sacrifices. With all quality players, I would recommend no alliances or tech trading, to encourage as much conflict as possible and to lessen the advantage given to the first two civs to meet.

RAH
          On continuations, I would be willing to continue on any friday or saturday night that I'm in town (which is most of them). We can discuss, if we can agree on settings.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey rah, it's been awhile. I can't play Fridays, but I'm still generally around Saturday nights (Wednesday too, for that matter). Frankly, I pretty much lost interest because games were never continued. I'd love to get something going that can be continued on those nights.
            "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
            Jonathan Swift

Comment

I am definitly more interested in 1* 1*. Closer to the real game, and mining and irrigating make sense. Also would like a map that has equal locations for the players so that the game is not over before it starts for some players.
              I'm fine with no tech trading and no alliance and you can even add no tech stealing to remove indirect tech exchange.

Comment

I can generate an equal map in 20 min. Also I can play everyfriday but would like to have a definite number of sessions and a winner designated after those (that means short turns). I am tired of those games that drag on week after weeks after weeks with no end in sight.

Comment

No micromanagers! Its amazing how much of a difference it makes. People want to continue and you can get to industrialiZation after 3 hours with 7 people, playing sim turns of course. No one wants to play a game where you have one or 2 people taking 10 -20 minutes to make sure that every beaker and shield is used correctly. Because when it comes down to it, micromanaging does little to nothing for your economy. And if you do get an advance before someone else, as soon as you do everyone elses tech rate becomes cheaper, and when they trade or get an advance your turn/tech go up 10 -50% ie 6 turns a tech becomes 10 turns
                  Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                  and kill them!

Comment

Tech stealing isn't a problem. It can sometimes help balance the game back, and since only one per city, Till spys, it is limited.

I'll consider 1x, I'm sure I'll make a few mistakes out of habit but what the hey.

On the map, I do prefer random, for that sense of adventure. And while it can unbalance, it is usually a function of which way you choose to explore more than the actual terrain itself.

I'll even agree to simul and turn based for combat. How do you handle random single encounters? (since if I'm at Mings I can smoke without going outside)

And a preset number of sessions is fine, but if it's still reasonably close, i'd be willing to play additional sessions. I'll leave that up to you guys.

Gee it seems we're getting closer.

And i don't micro micro manage. Usually one of the first done in simul

RAH

Bird, good to hear from you, If this is a Friday game, I'll look for you tomorrow and maybe we can find a dedicated group for saturdays.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by rah (edited March 02, 2001).]</font>
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bird good to hear from you as well..... i cna't play saturdays but Ming and i do play Tuesdays now instead of Wednesdays.... be nice if you could play and we could coax Rah away from the ladies of the homestead
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yes, yes!!
                        I'm with thee Bird... a game that mite actually FINISH?
                        I'd play almost ANY setting for the privledge to get involved with quality competitors that have the honor & guts to stick it out.
                        Most any night's good here (or days on weekends).

If U want to make it a real challenge & elim a bunch of the luck; why not do a no-huts, no-wonder (except Apollo, if it got there) contest?

I vote for 1x1x also for the realism as mentioned above.
                        Or if U want to really speed things up... go with 2x2x.

------------------
                        "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"
                        "Hm-m-m, doubt me you will?"

Comment

Two down, a couple more to go.

The ferrets always enjoy playing with beavers, hmmm, that doesn't sound right.

Arii and Markus started a thread. Maybe we can negotiate settings.

RAH
                          Or we can wait to see if anybody else shows interest.
                          If you get home before I get to Ming's, start trolling.

And yeah Ming, I will remember to bring dinner. (buy another PC for the rec room)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Time and settings look close we might be able to agree on a game setting.

Comment

I think I can give you all you can handle given that I have 17 cities, and have the following wonders:
                              mike, collossus, great wall, Isaak newton and soon a new 1 that I prefere not to reveal. I enjoy a nice diverse portfolio among science, military and happinness wonders.
                              It would be nice to continue for at least 1 more session if rah and berz are up to it. I understand that they are in a difficult position in between our 2 civs.

Comment

Working...
                              X