My first ever win at Multipalyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ever win at Multipalyer

It finally feels so good, gota resignation form Argus (eyes of night)in 1250BC.. he agreed to the setiing of deity 1x 1x 50x80 worlsd continents wet 3 billion. me hosting.. before too long his style of play was unaccustomed to the raging barbes and unhappiness, and my style was, i built good defneces and kept my people happy.
    You should have heard him compalin,

Of course he weill say he doesnt care, not a real game at deity but i dont care , i finally won WOO HOO

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Congratulations... you beat one of the best.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rasputin forgets to mention that our first game I had 4 cities to his 1. He mysteriously disconnected from the game and couldn't get back in. Then I sent him the save and apparently the save was corrupted. Amazing how corrupt saves give the message "Game g was canceled". Then he decided that we should start over with him hosting. Fine. I let him have his way even though we both know there was nothing wrong with that save. That game he speaks of as winning I decided to concede because I didn't want to put up with the ridiculous settings. The barbarians were the only challenge in the game. I've already looked at the map so we can't continue that save as I had come back and said. However I see that you're building on forests and building barracks this early in the game. lol Come on that is just sad. So now after I lost 2 cities and a settler we're now even in cities!! You even started on a river, I let you keep the tech alphabet, and you got an advanced tribe!! That's just pathetic. I wasn't going to bother with this but since you've decided to make a big thing out of this we'll play again and I'll make what I did to you the first game pale in comparision to what I'll do to you this game. And no, deity is not a real game. The only challenge comes from the settings not from the player.

Comment

Deity isn't a real game?
        HA HA HA HA!

Why don't you just admit your style isn't well suited for it Happiness is part of the game too...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey, actually I had a very good start in my game with Eyes, just a bad surrounding area

I guess small map Deity is a good setting to beat him, gotta try it later

no real game? your strategy just doesn't work on Deity, that's all.... King is the last level where settlers will probably beat Barb horsemen in defense and Eyes' expansion works without population tumults... on King, he's apparently unbeatable, on Deity, he's just an average player... lost to someone who hadn't won before, similar to the game with me... tsk.

Rasputin - apparently, you didn't let him initimidate you! Good, Congratulations!
          <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Chaos Warrior (edited February 13, 2001).]</font>

Comment

Ok, I can see that no matter how many settings I become the best at that you're always going to try and find that one setting I can't win on. This is getting boring now. I am far more versatile on settings than all of you put together.

Comment

The first game was on same settings as second game and yes you were well i nfront and I will let you claim a victory in that one. But I obviousdly then must claim victory in second one. In first game you offered to restart because I was so far behind ( he only counts citys) but i said no, then after some technical probs decided better to start new one and let you win the first one ( I am used to losing to better players anyway)
              So using same settings as first one, including all your requests of settings ( except we agreed on Deity level for both games) we started again, then using a differnet strategy I decided to defend so I built a city on Forrest to get extra sheild growth, this then created a barracks for me to create Veteran Phalnxes whixh adequately defended against all barbarian attacks.
              I never complained once in first (which you hosted) where my start had no rivers and just open plains , and some fish in waters, whilst your start in first game had rivers ( good food and trade start). In second game I had slightly better than you start as it took me two less turns than you to found my first city.
              Both games has same barb saettings (raging) , yet i ngame you hosted you never complained once as you zoomed away in city building. In second game as barbs attacked us both you constantly whined over you were losing to barbs not to a better player, and yet this weak player here was surving quite well agaisnt barb attack, due to my city in forrest and barracks that you dsespise. With two units in all my citys and veteran phalanxes I had no concerns, my growth in citys was only slightly lower than yours, but I wasnt going to lose any , unlike you losing two already.
              Each levewl requires different strategies, but you apparently beleive that no defence is ever necessary and therefore paid the price.
              In conclusion, my strategy at this level beat your strategy.

Comment

lol no actually we were even when we stopped and I usually don't have barbarians that bad on deity. A calculated risk. It didn't pay off one time, that's worth having 20 successful games.

Comment

you are only counting citys agin , we were even i ncity numbers yes, but my citys were al lprotected and safe, how many turns before you lost even more citys

Comment

also i actually just loaded the firs tturn save, you were one square from buffaloe and river.. where as my settelres started in palins next to lake.. so much for you claiming i had better start. *LOL*

Comment

I probably wouldn't have.

Comment

The river was all plains except for 1 grassland square. Building on that square was an option however I would have no ohter grassland squares around me. What's the use of a buffalo that early in the game? It's the same as a forest.

Comment

oh and one other thing how did you know how manycitys i had each turn, every time i said to you how well you were going (top two citys in top 5) you kept saying " you know we have the sma enumber of citys." which i didnt , i knew i had 4 but i only kne wof two of your, but lookimh at saved games you were right you built as quick as i did 4 and 4 .. interesting bit of knowledge,,,,

Comment

oh you would hav elsot hepas more citys, you couldnt stop the barbs with your settlers and warriors..
                            and a for how good a forrest is , it made me survive *LOL*

Comment

You are showing me how ignorant you are of this game. No, I wouldn't have lost "heaps" of cities. But that doesn't really matter now. As for knowing how many cities you had that was simple. Demographics. Same way I can tell the general area you are on the map, the resources you have in your city, and how many cities you have. And I was right when I said you had gold in your capital Chaos Warrior. I know far more about this game than you will ever know.

Comment

Working...
                              X