Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up the best Diplo game in a generation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up the best Diplo game in a generation!

Yes folks, you heard correctly. In light of the rebirth of diplo gaming a few of us have decided to start a game which will be remembered for long to come as the best of its genre. While diplo games have become common now, we intend to do something entirely uncommon, which is finish this game and have an incredibly enjoyable time doing it as well.

Only 3 or so diplo games have finished to my knowledge, and those too have had varrying levels of involvement by the players. This game should be the ultimate in that respect. Players who should be able to make it to the end, players who will make well crafted interesting posts, and play their parts better than has ever been seen before.

So do you have what it takes? Are you diplo material? Post here if you are interested. Experience is a prerequisite however. Although i'd like to be very democratic about selecting players, if we open it up too much the quality may go down. So i'm just offering involvement to veterans of the genre.

So if you've stayed up at night thinking about how to better develop your character in a diplo game, or how to come up with a strategy to elbow out your competitors in the current diplo game, then we want you. Please post here.

------------------
    Ozzy - King of Metal
    Ozzy - Hungarians in Eurodip I
    Ozzy - Proud Sayen member
    Ozzy - Prez of NYRA, http://nyra.ecg.net
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I am interested, but i'm not sure i can play. depends on what cavebear decides.

Comment

I'd love to join ozzy, if you could look at my "GIGAdip" and "all new dipo game" posts as a reference.

err and please don't hold dropping out of euro dip against me (my subs really buggered that up)

------------------
      Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!

The United States is a superpower undergoing the difficult transition necessary to becoming a banana republic - Lincon
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Need to know game days and times before commiting to what sounds like it would be a good game. If you are to have any hope of completing a game, then your players will have to be able to make a strong commitment to showing up.

Comment

I subbed a bunch times in the really old "classic" dip games...

I'm free to play very often...

I'd like to play...
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

How much did you play Caesar? Which games?

Epik, when are you available to play?

------------------
            Ozzy - King of Metal

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Weekends would be best for me. I prefer weekends because it gives you the greatest flexibility on start times, and usually you can get a longer sessions in. I could start as early as 1 PM eastern time. If you allow break for lunch then I could start earlier in the day.

Weekdays are not as good, since I get up at 5 am for work. This means I usually have to call it quits by 10 PM eastern... 11 PM max. Friday nights would be the exception.

P.S. If you need a host, I could do that... I have a cable modem.
              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Epik (edited December 10, 2000).]</font>

Comment

You know I am in Oz.
                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Yea, i agree with you totally on the start times. My realization that i didn't have anything to do on sunday afternoons in fact sparked my desire to set up a new diplo game, eurodip, which actually sparked the new found rebirth of diplo games which we seem to be experiencing.

Eurodip is currently at 1pm est on Sundays, i think this is the perfect time slot for europeans, americans, and everything in between (just ocean, but you know what i mean). Problem is that Capo can't do sundays, at least not this semester, his schedule might change next year, and we certainly must hope for that cause i really think this is the best time and i'll be pushing for it.

------------------
                  Ozzy - King of Metal

Comment

i'd love to play. i played once to sub in a diplo. i attacked someone in the first turn i joined and got my ass whooped. i would love to have a rematch.

to make it easier for me, please give me a large and agressive tribe. although i can wait attacking by building up a huge army, i dont like to chatter a whole lot. let me be the evil one, so everyone can beat the crap out of me
                    Woke23, proud member of Europe

Comment

I leave the job that I work sundays on, around January 10-15th, so I can probably play depending on my new job.

Bastards...
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I've expressed interest in the game, cuz I know it will be great, but if it's on the weekend, scratch me off the list of candidates. Can't commit to it. A weekday game is all I really can do.

------------------
                        I am the one you warned me of
                        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

[quote]<font size=1>Originally posted by OzzyKP on 12-10-2000 01:16 AM</font>

Am interested.

Comment

Everyone remember that there are two threads for this game, the other thread is located at: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HT...907.html?28#28
                            check that out too.

------------------
                            Ozzy - King of Metal

Comment

Well i'd personally like weekends, but a few people have expressed problems with that. So it looks like the best time slot for this game is Wednesday night from about 8pm est to 12am est.

I can make that, and so can Frank who is now in the game. I believe that is approx the time slot of ultimate dip so i imagine that capo and drake can make that too.

So if we have this roster so far of Frank, Ozzy, Capo, and Drake, we need 3 more. And is everyone set with the people so far?

There have been a few people that have asked to be in the game, i suggest they provide links to previous diplo games that they have been in so i can read over their postings to judge the level of their involvement and interest. This may sound elitist, but i want this game to be the best.

------------------
                              Ozzy - King of Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X