Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are civ players so bad at sticking to the times we agreed to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are civ players so bad at sticking to the times we agreed to play?

In 4 out of 5 times when I make an appointment to play a game there is no player around at the times we agreed to play. No ICQ or whatever. Am I the only one with this experience?
    As an European I have to make appointments, because at any moment there are only a few european players on line.
    Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

I know this isn't very helpful advice, but....find new friends!.....there are reliable people out there....before you start a game, make sure of each players intentions- if they aren't interested in a commitment for a long game, don't play with them, and if they say they'll be there and don't show, don't even bother trying to play with them again...they're wasting your time........

------------------
    I am the one you warned me of
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Hear, hear. Find a good group and stick with them. Committed players do exist. It's a matter of finding them.

------------------
      Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
      Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
      Troll & Hydey Wrangler
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Most of my experiences have been pretty good. If a player can't make a schedualed time, they should at least notify ahead of time. Don't lose hope! they're tons of dedicated players out there.

For example, the players in my tribe game have made every single time so far. And we've played a number of sessions in http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum16/HTML/000405.html?39

Comment

Working...
        X