Setting up IP games XXV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up IP games XXV

Well the last one just hit two pages, so it's time for a new one.

It's Friday. I'll be at Ming's around 20:00 Apolyton Time. Since Epik has said he will be unavailable tonight and almost all of the games that I have saved have him in it, It looks like a new game. (sigh)

RAH
    Since the average Setting up IP Games thread has been around 80 posts, (the earlier ones were usually in the 100-150 range) there have been at least 2000 posts made to this series of threads. A heck of a lot of good gaming. Let's see a few thousand more. Probably take that long for CIV III to come out.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I can play with Americans today.
    If Ming Spider and Berzerker are around we could continue our game.
    Otherwise I'm up for a new game.

Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Berzerker has another game he needs to play in tonight. If he plays with you guys, I'm going to have to grab a few crates of toilette paper and head for Topeka.
      The camel is not a part of civ.
      THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
      SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

I'll be around.

Matthew: You're lucky Epik isn't around tonight; else he'd be heading to Kansas to tp two houses.

Comment

Rah i will be around tonite for sure for a game. Have been looking forward to one with you for awhile, especially since Ming keeps kicking my ass

Edit : Realizes last week we played and i had my ass kicked then too, *sigh* will it ever stop?

Anyways i put some pads on tonite so hopefully i wont' feel quite so painfull
          <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mercantile (edited October 27, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Now that the gardening season has died off in the Northern Hemisphere, and it is also too cold to go fishing here, I'm looking to get in a long-term game over the Winter.

I'm looking for a group that can positively play every Sunday any specific several hours each week between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern USA time. I can live with people ocassionally having to take a Sunday or two off, for business or family; life happens. But a set time and day is the only way a long-term game ever keeps going.

I'm not too particular about settings. King-Diety is fine, 1x1x or 2x1x is fine, I'm not crazy about raging hordes, and would prefer no city-bribing. 4-7 players would be good. Diplo is fine, but so is regular; I've played both. GameLeague or not is also fine. A pre-made and balanced map by a 3rd party would be a real plus so that everyone gets a fair start, but random is OK.

I can't host, I have a dial-up modem.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

It's Wednesday again...
              Any of the regular bunch going to be around?
              If you are interested, just post when you will be available so maybe we can figure out which game might get continued
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I shouldbe available tonight, not too sure

could we begin a bit earlier tonight, it's really a pain for me

Comment

I am around, hung over to crap, but i am around and willing to show how poor of a leader i really am to my citizens

Comment

Andz... are you in any of the regular (or I should say irregular) Wednesday night games which I am in?

But, from looking at the standard early day responses, we will probably be starting another one anyway

And Merc... things can only be better for you than last Saturday nights performance
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

i hope so Ming. Last Saturday was brutal and i mean brutal. What are the odds that in two consec games Z would find me and kill me both times

Oh well, i dusted myself off and am back for more

Comment

I thought I was in a game with Rah, Merc and Spider...but I don't remember which night it was.
                        I can't play anyhow...Ms. Sneak would have my balls for earrings after I watched basketball and played Combat Mission all night last night.
                        Carry on without the Sioux...Spider and Rah were probably scheming to annihilate me anyhow.

------------------
                        Bring it!

"How ridiculous and how strange, to be surprised by anything that happens in life." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
                        Chief Revealer of Personal Foibles
                        Life and death is a grave matter;
                        all things pass quickly away.
                        Each of you must be completely alert;
                        never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Ming: no, haven't been in ANY Wednesday game yet

SuperSneak: don't think that I'm back now!

Comment

Well... it's getting to be time. I have to pick up my daughter from her skating class, but I should be ready to roll by about 6:30 central time. If you interested, count off
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Hey guys,

I'll be around between 7-8 Apolyton time, as usual. I'm able to play a good four hours or more. Plenty of games to choose from by now, but I don't mind starting a new one either. (I'm still looking for that 4 whale start, so I can win one of these games.)

SuperSneak: Yeah, that was a Friday night game. I can't remember scheming on you like that, but it does sound like a good idea.

Andz: For various reasons (work, school, family obligations) we start at around 7-8pm Apolyton time here, playing earlier doesn't fit into most of our schedules. It seems like there ought to be a European crowd around here for earlier games. (I know, I know, playing with a Frenchman or an Englishman isn't my idea of a good time either, but sometimes you just have to make concessions.)

Comment

Working...
                              X