Pyramids - The Ultimate Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2x they are useless.

1x they depend on your start position... Mostly good because you can crank out settlars at a high speed. As for beating a wltkd? I don't think so, you may in the short run but if you don't switch to rep you will fall far behind.
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

Comment

Markusf, I agree but it is a big advantage in 1X even if you WLTLD because your cities get to 3 quickly. It makes a big difference to a large empire.

Comment

They have same value in 2x prod.
        You may look at them as free Elvis per city.
        Of course,thats not only advantage of them.

Surely,picking them as your 1st wonder on a small/tiny map with double production and 4 players is ridiculous. But as long as you have at least 5 cities,they're never waste of shields.

There's no long way from Republic to Democracy,no matter double or single production. I can make up for less arrows with more cities. By the time someone switch to Democracy,i'll do it too. And i will have more cities in most cases. Unless i am playing Carnide,but more units could fill a gap.
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by SmartFart (edited July 20, 2000).]</font>
        My life, my rules

Comment

When I was playing the computer (before learning about MP gaming), I always went for Pyramids and GW. Those served me well, because the Pyramids gave me food and the GW gave me protection. The shields and trade I could manage by development and city improvements.

Then I started learning how to improve my game (here and in MP play). I tried all the suggestions I could find. I actually got worse. Now, I can hardly beat the AI in development.

I was better off with Pyramids and GW, and I think I will go back to that strategy. My city development was better, my balance of population, shields, trade, etc, was better, and I had a stronger position going into the middle game.

I thin that the Pyramids relieve you of a great deal of struggle in the effort to get to size 7+ cities, and I *like* getting my city resource squares maximized.

Population = workers, and workers = shields and trade (and more food). I would rather have to work to keep a size 7 city happy than a size 5 one; the GNP means something.

------------------
          Proud participant in GameLeague...

Proud Warrior of the O.W.L. Alliance...
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
          X