No announcement yet.

The Dixie Tribe--for Southerners only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dixie Tribe--for Southerners only!

I know a lot of you don't check the Gameleague forum regularly, so I'm crossposting this here...

Empress and I are co-founding a new tribe, known as the Dixie Tribe, for Southern Civv'ers. (Now, I'm in Connecticut now, but I'm a born and bred Southerner and shall return there.) So who else here is from the Southern U.S.? We'd like to kick some Yankee butt. Civil War scenario, anyone?

ICQ me or post here and we can get this thing Official.

1861-2000 The Dixie Tribe lives on!

------------------
    Curumbor Elendil
    jason.sorens@yale.edu
    ICQ 56126989
    Curumbor Elendil
    http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
    ICQ 56126989

Count me in! Deep south Southerner here.
    Visit the Civ/SMAC Seti Teams stats!

Comment

OK, I sent you an ICQ.

So what about the rest of you? Dangime, I see you're from Houston, my original hometown. Slowwhand, you're from Dallas. If you don't see this, I'll be ICQ'ing you.

------------------
      Curumbor Elendil
      jason.sorens@yale.edu
      ICQ 56126989
      Curumbor Elendil
      ICQ 56126989

Comment

Does Kansas count? Quantrill's thugs raided near where I live...

Comment

Yeah!
          IMO I think we should allow anyone who is 'southern' at heart to join
          Apolyton Empress
          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

CONFEDERATE THUGS!!! DOWN WITH THE REBELS!!!
            "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
            -Rommel

Comment

I was born in Houston too.
              Gets hotter'na biled owl down thar!

Maybe one of you could email me some perticulars on tribe playing since it's not something I've done.

------------------
              The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

I was born in Austin, TX, lived there for 11 years, then moved to Maine...does that count? Only been in Maine for one year now.
                Nicholas Crown
                http://forums.quantum9.com/cgi-bin/f...=10&LastLogin=
                The War of Civilization - An online Civilization text game.

Comment

I think Empress is right; all self-described Southerners are welcome. (And it looks as if we'll have some fierce opposition, but we're used to that. )

Berz (and others): we'd love to have you.

Crusty: this is my first tribal experience. From what I gather, it is rather an ad hoc affair right now. In other words, tribes occasionally get games together against each other on an unofficial basis. We could test our mettle against Sayen (sp?), the Divine Tribe, or Markus' new anti-Sayen tribe. Hopefully Gameleague will get organized tribe play together eventually, but in the meantime we can stand around beating our chests and making imprecations.

------------------
                  Curumbor Elendil
                  jason.sorens@yale.edu
                  ICQ 56126989
                  Curumbor Elendil
                  ICQ 56126989

Comment

Hoo ah!

Lemme see. You may get a tribe as big as Sayan, and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Comment

I was in a tribe in the old league. It is or was set up basically like a regular league game except it was 3 vs 3 but the ranking system was a little different. For instance,you get points and lose points like in league but tribes recieved a ranking and tribe can only play those who are at their rank. But I haven't heard if they are changing that system or not..
                      Glad to have all yall on board!
                      Apolyton Empress

Comment

Sloww--not so far. I'll have to check my list at home, but I think we have just five including you right now. If we get one more player, then we can have two teams, which will be good for practice (we can play against each other), and will allow us to play more games against other tribes in general.

------------------
                        Curumbor Elendil
                        jason.sorens@yale.edu
                        ICQ 56126989
                        Curumbor Elendil
                        ICQ 56126989

Comment

Empress, Moker and I have a bone to pick with you. Until the Senate gets this "dixie" thing straightened out. I am prepared to strike you from the Sayen Tribe. Losing all rights and privileges of that posistion. Unfortunatly, I will leave that decision up to MokerGuy, provided he can fathom what you are planning to do. I expect that you received my email, and will take the time to reply to it. As for you Slowwhand, I expect that you will do the same and be sure to reply to my email. All authoritive action as been taken that is in my ability as second in command. I am displeased with what I hear. But fortunatly Empress, as you well know, you are no great loss to the Sayen. Provided you disregard this Dixie tribe you need to let me or Moker know of your future plans within the next few days.

ROC
                          Lesser Super Sayen
                          "You can stop me on the defense, or even in the battle , but you will NEVER stop me on the from taking that hill."
                          -Rommel

Comment

Gees, lighten up Hitler!

Do yall really have that many rules in your tribe? A Senate?? Come on, I could understand a little order to things, but isn't that a little much. This is a GAME after all.

Long live the Dixie tribe, where we can play a game and have fun as a tribe!
                            Visit the Civ/SMAC Seti Teams stats!

Comment

You see, this is exactly why I wanted to leave the Sayen tribe--rules, Senate, and rankings?? I would rather be in a tribe where all are equal and all play.
                              Apolyton Empress

Comment

Working...
                              X