No announcement yet.

"Nominated Players Tourney", Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! I am experiencing deluges of delight and ruptures of rapture!
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

LOL! I am experiencing deluges of delight and ruptures of rapture!
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Not to mention a bad case of the double posts!

In actual fact, as is typical of La Cheval, the truth is somewhat different. Given the usual assault and battery from the Barbs - which, I reiterate, have no place in the Duel format unless some way is found to have them affect each player equally - we were pretty close as stumps were drawn.

The second session proved slightly problematic, with more Barbs appearing out of the ground and wiping out two of my cities, but the fightback is now on. And going well.

La Cheval's address - the horse float, etc - is possibly the most apposite in the whole of the ACS forums.

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

*Ha! He thinks he's catching up*

Comment

AH you have turned into the Trojan horse!!!! i just knew you could do it

Comment

War, stop encouraging him and get back to tending the sprog!

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Finnie whats a sprog? i assume child, or baby..... but you aussies have surprised me before

Comment

War - you got it, toots. The product of the issue of your loins, aka, Rug Rat, Curtain Clinger, Carpet Crawler, etc.

------------------
                  finbar
                  Mono Rules!
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by finbar (edited April 27, 2000).]</font>

Comment

ah the munchkin, anklebiter, food intake and disosal unit that clears it all up for me now

Comment

Just a little update: Nappy and I are well into our game, but it's so darn close I have no illusions about finishing it in the next session. He destroyed two of my cities, but I'm still slightly ahead on the PG and in almost all demog categories.

------------------
                      Curumbor Elendil
                      jason.sorens@yale.edu
                      ICQ 56126989
                      Curumbor Elendil
                      http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
                      ICQ 56126989

Comment

Third session with finloser ended with me holding 12 cities and 28 units and the other guy 10 cities and 20 units. I have Great Wall. He's zip on wonders and has run out of money bribing my horses. First major military engagement was a resounding victory to the horse. The road to his capital is now open.

Comment

Mmm. Horse seems to be playing in a different game. Playing with himself again, obviously.

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!

Comment

The fourth session was pretty quiet. Quiet that is, in the sense that Horse may have skipped away to a decisive advantage. At close of play finbar had 10 cities and 21 units, the quiet achiever A Horse had 16 cities and 46 units. Oh dear

oh yeah, I built MA' Chapel, fin built SunTsu and Hanging G. Its 1300AD.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Alexander's Horse (edited April 29, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Well. my match with Deity was finished today, he won. But it was a well deserved victory.

There's always the age old excuse of poor starting positions that signed your faith right at the start. I have to admit that my surroundings weren't exactly rosy at the start. I had to search for good city locations but I did manage to give Deity a run for his money (ehm...knights). Lost two cities after a large knight attack but I managed to destroy his first wave with a quick diplo bribe. After that I made a few counter attacks, dug in and hoped for the best, superior numbers finally got the better of me. Once Deity got Sun Tzu's there was no reason to continue so I conceded.

On a totally different note: Why not take a look at www.penny-arcade.com I did a few strips for "The Bench" there. Stay tuned, I'm planning a civ related one for next sunday
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

My condolences, Cap... Sounds like a well-fought game on both sides. I've registered the results on my cards.

Well, the next rounds will be MP, so different skills are rewarded. I'm sure we will see some changes in results then!

Comment

Working...
                                X