No announcement yet.

"Nominated Players Tourney", Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we have to wait until I can pass a swab.

Comment

I'm ready and waiting and keen to play! Where are you, Horse? Oh, you ran tailed off this arvo in the Doncaster? And Mr Murrihy asked for a squirt? Fair enough. When you're ready.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Ha! I've been waiting all long weekend for you to show. You must have gone off to some little coastal town full of deadbeats.

Comment

Nah, finished there. Just sitting here twiddling the thumbs waiting for you to commit to a time. Any time.

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Ha! Been talking to you on icq for an hour and you haven't even suggested we play!!!

Comment

Ho! Given up mentioning it. Didn't want to shame you any further.

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

Comment

Mark E and Arii -

I've noted the results of your duel. My condolences to Mark and my congratulations to Arii. Best of fortune to both of you in the upcoming MP rounds.

Its always nice to see a brief description of the game... *s*
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by cavebear (edited April 25, 2000).]</font>
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Alexander and Finbar - The verbal sparring is truly entertaining, and we *do* all appreciate the "psyching up" to the onset of the competition. But all good civs must progress or stagnate. Get the game going, or you will both find yourselves facing Arii and Markus in the MP round!

Driving the analogy into the ground (which apparently I must), the pigeons have been released, the ballons have floated away, and the confetti litters the field; yet the teams refuse to take the field.

Get your respective asses in gear!
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Just a question about other ongoing Round 2 duels, to make sure I haven't missed any results.

Awaiting results for:

Nappy vs Curumbor
                    KenThur vs Crustacian
                    CapTVK vs Deity

Comment

Me vs arii is over, and arii won big time!

He just got out ahead early, and kept putting me further in the dust as time went on... (He got All the happy wonders) When my wiggle room ran out (He beat me to SOL because white, which he had, goes first and we both had it built ) it was time to throw in the towel.

My approach in the game was to try and find arii early and interrupt his expansion, since I know (from his SP early AC wins) that he can probably expand/do tech faster than my usual. That didn't work out (he found me long before I found him). And the load of techs from all the goodie huts I'd gobbled critically slowed my early tech research, especially to get to monarchy.

In hindsight this strategy probably wasn't the right one, since with the serpentine continents you end up with on the archipleligo setting, things are much harder to get to by land exploration than usual. So that strategy probably had little hope of succeeding. Live and learn, or in this case, Die Horribly and learn Even More

Great Game Arii!
                      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

2x post
                        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited April 27, 2000).]</font>
                        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Yep... Easter got in the way a bit!
                          Cap had such a big Dutch breakfast on Easter Sunday morning and we missed our session! But will definitely play our second session this Sunday and maybe even finish it.

------------------
                          *THE DEITY*

Comment

Cavebear, actually the problem has been major public holidays here in Australia, ones in which people go away for a short break (though finbar was just hiding from me). We'll get it underway shortly, should only take an hour or so

Comment

Yeah, and Horse is scared of Mrs Horse, who reckons he plays too much Civ!

In actual fact, we're due to start any minute. Literally.

------------------
                              finbar
                              Mono Rules!

Comment

We've started. Are you happy now cavebear? Are you satisfied now?

I am pleased to report that my barb allies are making a mess of my opponent. At close of play, 1750bc, his city total was *ahem* sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X