No announcement yet.

"Nominated Players Tourney", Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archipalago? boy this will be interesting...
    anyways, i wont be able to play weekdays war4ever, so schedule some evening time in next weekend, 6 pm pacific is usually good for FRi, Sat, but i play earlier on Sundays

Comment

hey finbart (he he), Think Big

Comment

Empress: i hope you can host this one,since i am not very good host.

Any day is fine w/ me since i have 2 weeks off (maybe more).
        My life, my rules

Comment

I just played markus. Was a good game.
          He won. He was so far ahead in the power graph!!
          I guess I will have to learn a few new tricks.

Comment

We even started 2 times, but i had the MDL rules.txt the first time so we played agian.
            Carnide didn't build any wonders and i built, lighthouse, HG and Mikes. near the end i had 2 times as many cities and units as him. I am not usually the waring type but its the only way to win against you It was a nice 90 min game.

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by markusf (edited April 09, 2000).]</font>
            Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
            and kill them!

Comment

Congrats markus this is an impressive win. My game with mark is underway it probably won't be that 1 sided.

Comment

My game with War is very interesting...so far we havent had any big war and its like 1200 ad or something....a very evenly matched game

Comment

Smartfart,
                  Looking forward to our game tonight at 8 est
                  Apolyton Empress
                  "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Congratulations to Markus. I have entered the results in the tourney log.
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Curumbor...let me know when you are avaiable to start our 2nd round game. If Wed. night works for you I can be available by 8:30 pm EDT. Otherwise, maybe we can find some hours over the weekend.

Comment

Empress and myself got our duel finished.
                        She wasn't short of bad luck.
                        I build my capital on chokepoint wich separated 2 parts of continent.
                        That left 95% of terrain to me
                        With such a start,it wasn't so hard to won that game.

I had terrible misfortune in my duel with Nappy,and great luck in my duel with Empress.
                        I think 'better in two' could eliminate luck.
                        But since tournament already started,there's not much we can do now.
                        My life, my rules

Comment

SmartFart - I've registered your win.

Concerning the "luck" factor: I agree it could make a better tourney, though it would have to be a longer one (part of the purpose is to expose players to opponents they might not normally play, so there would need to be more rounds of play).

If this works out right, most players will have participated in a game with most of the other players in one round or another.

Your description of the game with Empress raises a problem I had hoped to have solved by now - unequal maps and starting positions. I had not understood how difficult map-making would be, and had assumed I could provide fair ones with little effort. And, indeed, maps are fairly easy to create. I have several which would have prevented Empress's dilemma.

Unfortunately, making them for 2-player games proved a problem, and I am only now overcoming them. I spent too much time trying to assure the starting resources and techs were balanced and undervalued the simple fact of overall map flexibility.

It is my belief that no player should be "doomed from the start" by virtue of the map itself. Just too late for Round 2, I came up with maps that allowed considerable freedom of land *and* sea opportunities AND gave decent starting positions (with well-distributed resources) for both players. It takes a few starts to get the techs balanced, but I think that is worth the effort.

I intend to apply that principle to MP maps for the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

hello everyone....... with a few password problems here at apolyton my old monicker of War4ever is lost 4ever, so my new monicker is "Canadian War Beaver" ..... so let me be known as that from now on cheers and sorry for my lack of posting but i have been unabale since almost the first of the month

Comment

well its over and Jedi won..... kudos to him on a well played match

Some costly errors on my part and some nice strategy on Jedis...... Fundy sure helped him LOL

Oh well, where to go from here perhaps i need to rethink strat again ... either that or i just suck...... ah well

Comment

Oh boy, im 2-0....and that was actually my favorite duels ever played!! I got to use a nice little strategy i never did had a chance in a 1on1. Although it was sort of odd using crusadars in the 1700's.

anyways, im looking foward for those MP games

Comment

Working...
                                X