No announcement yet.

Dictator: Kaiser PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we use CivDip instead of talking with what would be an AI (because it loads like a normal SP game, I assume)
    Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Yes, GoPostal we can use my utility

Mi MSN is dejamk@hotmail.NOSPAM.com

without the NOSPAM, of course

So everyone is invited to contact for

1) Preparing the war against Germany

2) Any help with PBEMs or CivDip3.0 I can give
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by GoPostal
        Yes, so Kobra, please start the game.

Also, this is my first PBEM, I have read the idiot's guide at the top, anything else I need to know?
        Wait a minute! Are there any open season events for this scen? For a PBEM that is imo a must. If not the events will decide according to real history when nationas declare war on one another and so on, even if say the Italian player chooses to be on the central side.
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

The war events seem to be randomized. I say keep them. The scenario is supposed to mimic the worldwide situation during WW1 anyways, and really, if two players don't want a war then that can be resolved by not attacking or making peace right off the bat. Hell, it'll keep us nice and parnoid.

Comment

But as it is now one can't declare war as one self wishes. Negotiations are disalowed and thus making the traditional PBEM war declarations something of the past.

Comment

Well...

We could edit the events to allow negotiations - we all know how.

Comment

Should we vote?

I vote yes for negotiations.

Comment

I like negotiations
                  Vote Democrat
                  Support Democracy

Comment

I'll say yes too....should we take out the random event that makes Italy join the allies too?

Comment

I disagree on the random event, but definitely yes on the negotiations (I think Russia will need some help when the bolsheviks come. )

Comment

As to the situation with the free nations, I think 2 nations with similar interests should be commanded by the same person, so, I could take Free Nations, giving Russia to the Entente

Comment

I acept the exchange, if there is no problem with the other players I'll start the game...
                          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Alright, let's start the game.

BUT FIRST - Let's make sure we all have current copies. It might be smart to ask Curt if he can post today's most current files here in this thread as he has been changing the scenario little by little as he gets feedback. We need to be sure we all are on the same page.

Or at least post the rules txt to use with the first save, just to be sure.

Comment

Also, one person should alter the events.txt so they're all completely uniform.
                              However, I don't agree that one person should controll Russia and the Allies, it makes them too powerful. The allies are already pretty much completely dominant, so I don't think Russia should be added to that. Plus like this, Russia and the Allies can't persue separate interests with it like this (As did and should happen). I don't mind this solution in the short term, but I think we should actively find a new player

Comment

I agree with you, JamesJKirk. Why do we bother having the Free Nations playable?

Comment

Working...
                                X