30 Years War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Years War

I want a good game of 30 years war by Jesus Munoz. I'm thinking doubled unit movement and production to get the game to progress quicker. I'm taking either Imperials or Swedish. Who's interested?

Polish - FiGu
    Protestants - POTUS
    French - El Awrence
    Spanish - JMarks
    Swedish - Henrik
    Imperials - MagyarCrusader
    Danish - open
    Last edited by MagyarCrusader; October 15, 2003, 23:18.
    Re-elect Bush!

Version 2.0?

I'm definatly interested in playing Sweden in a pbem of either version.

His updated version is available here btw:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I believe a pbem eventsfile of the second version was made btw. I have it somewhere...
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I am. I'll take Britain.

Comment

Yes, we'll definetly use the updated version. And does v2.3 have a set of pbem events not included in the zip in the link you posted?

El Awrence, there's no British player... only Polish, Protestants, French, Spanish, Swedish, Imperials, and Danish.
        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Yeah, the default version uses several events files with no negotiation events. It also has super conquerer units popup from time to time when important battles where fought. I don't think the pbem version does.
          I played a pbem of this before (that died) and there was an eventsfile made for that.

Comment

This seems to be it
            Attached Files

Comment

Damnit, you're right. I confused it with Modern Age.

Give me the French.

Comment

Thanks for posting it. Is the only difference the removal of the triggers that block negotiations? I'm not sure I'm in favor of that. I believe in a limited amount of negotiations, for instance the situation regarding Sweden and Denmark, but I don't want to see the Spanish and Habsburgs waging war on each other.

OK El Richeliu, crush those Hugenot heathens.
                Re-elect Bush!

Comment

If all are human controlled it's better to have negotiations imho. The Spanish and Imperials will stick together as it's in their interest to do so for a number of reasons, much like in reality (ok so in this game the players probably won't be related but the Austrian and Spanish habsburg branch wasn't totaly integrated).
                  Dissalowing negotiations would also prevent allies from giving eachother money/techs, etc, btw.

Comment

Found this as well in my 30YW folder:
                    Attached Files

Comment

give me the poles!
                      "This Nation has earned the right to Live." - Carl Gustav von Mannerheim

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
                      Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Comment

OK Henrik, you may be right. What is different about that .scn file from the original? And what do you guys think about double move and production?

Civs still open:
                        Spanish
                        Danish
                        Protestants
                        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Double move sounds a bit excessive, but double production is fine

Comment

I agree with El Awrence about production/movement. Not sure what the changes to the scn file where, if someone could find the old pbem thread it's probably in there.

Comment

Just noticed that , how long have you had that as your sig? Stop worrying and love the bomb.

Still got 3 slots open. Spain comes with the benefit of having a civ2 military genius for an ally.
                              Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Working...
                              X