OMG! You all are still here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! You all are still here!

I left the "Civ" realm for the world of Asheron's Call a couple of years ago, and yet I can not forget all the great hours spent playing Civ with you all. I am substitute teaching today and lucky me, all of the student's are on a field trip most of the day. Being bored, I sought to wander old internet paths and came to you guys. It's good to know that the game still lives on in case I want to come back!
    Yes
    31.25%
    No
    31.25%
    Sorta
    0.00%
    Yes, come back and play!
    37.50%
    Apolyton Empress
    "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

No really, really, Empress is my internet name because I am The Empress in my favorite game of all time, Civilization II MPG.
    Bring it on

Comment

Empress... You are missed. If you ever get bored of your new conquests... feel free to come back to your roots and allow us to play civ with you again.

I hope things are going well for you, and that you are beating the snot out of people in whatever games you are playing.

Good to hear from one of the original players.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, Welcome back.
        Stay awhile.
        Play CIV.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I notice that your "title" reverted back to default since we have shifted software since you were last here.

It has been changed back to what it should be

Post more often now... and play some civ.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Empress, do you still have the same ICQ number or do we need to update it?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yay!

you guys do remember me!

Thanks Mingy for updating my title! I was surprised that my same username and password worked.

I now have a new computer and I dont even have ICQ installed. I might have to change that! I do, however, have msn messenger la_empress@hotmail.com

I have totally been absorbed in Asheron's Call these past years. It is a MMORPG game in which you can create characters to live in Dereth, a medieval world. It is sorta like Everquest, except that you have more freedoms with your character in the areas of personalization, direction, and in what you want to do. I even have my own monarchy, so in a way, I am still Empress :wink:

hehe "stay alive" that's a good one rah! I still die all the time.

All these good comments is really making me miss Civ and the people!

Did any of you try Civ III yet? I hear they just came out with a MP edition.. but I've been stuck in AC and haven't even tried it. I still dont know how it could beat good ol Civ
              Apolyton Empress
              "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

It can't... many of us tried Civ III and just don't like it.
                (some do... some don't)

What I find interesting is that the Civ II MP group has 114 members... the same as the Civ III MP group
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Lori was your name, wasn´t it? welcome back Lori.
                  this is funny. today I couldn´t work, because I have flu. so I decided to dig out my old civ2-cd and reinstalled it. I´ve been playing all day now. it must have been years ago when I did last time. there so many things I forgot about civ2.
                  maybe there are even more people thinking about a comeback.
                  justice is might

Comment

Will wonders never cease
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, civ III never really did it for a lot of us CIVII MPers.
                      It never had the same feel. (feel=fun)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Its not a bad game but most of us expected civ2.5....

Comment

And would have preferred civ2.5
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, but with all the mod and scn capability's you can easily make your own civ2.5

Comment

Nah, I don't remember anything...

/me has flashbacks of Sayens, Dixie tribe, and various games of Civ

Nope, nothing
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X