Missing games...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing games...?

Missing games? Where are the "ANOTHER Imperialism 1870 PBEM", the "Official 2194 Days of War PBEM"? I can't find them, they appear to have gone AWOL.

Try organizing the threads in your browser by author's name to change the order in which they appear. That will help you find them.

Comment

See!!! I'm not nuts! (Not completely anyway) This has happened to me on the Roman Civil War thread several times. They're in the Twilight Zone, EA. They will reappear in our dimension soon.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Pssst! Roman Civil War PBEM is up a creek without a paddle.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

When the New Imperialism 1870 Game appeared missing to me I re-organized the way the threads appeared by author's name and since nuplicid's name begins with "n", his thread was one of the ones to reappear. Also try increasing the amount of threads you want to see by changing the options from the last 30 days to the last 60.

Comment

For an old thread, to 'Edit Options' in your profile and select 'Show all threads' for your default thread view, or at least one that goes further back than the forum default.

For newer ones Leo says there's a bug involving stickies that make a few disappear, but as other threads are bumped the missing ones come back. You just have to wait or search for it I guess.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

I'm looking for threads that can't possibly be more than 10-15 days 'stale', and I have the default set to 30 days viewing.

Comment

I've seen this as well - in my experiance, there seems to be a 'crack' between the pages of the PBEM board into which threads can fall. They then remain there untill another thread takes their place (or you fiddle with the options as sugested above ).
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

That's more or less what Leo told me, except a bit more technical... hopefully he'll post here.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Bah, I was using 'crack' as shorthand acronym for Critical Reliability And Content Killer which, as everybody knows, is what this software error is called by tech experts such as myself.

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

If you want, feel free to make a directory of PBEM threads thread.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Missing games...?

Originally posted by El Awrence
                          Missing games? Where are the "ANOTHER Imperialism 1870 PBEM", the "Official 2194 Days of War PBEM"? I can't find them, they appear to have gone AWOL.

I found the game. All I did was change the arrangement of the threads to arrange by thread starter from the last 60 days and went to the second page of the threads. It was there since Soundwave started the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                            I've seen this as well - in my experiance, there seems to be a 'crack' between the pages of the PBEM board into which threads can fall. They then remain there untill another thread takes their place (or you fiddle with the options as sugested above ).
                            In my experience the crack () size is directly related to the number of 'Sticky' threads in the forum...
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav

In my experience the crack () size is directly related to the number of 'Sticky' threads in the forum...

Comment

Working...
                              X