Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to get past the password on an MP save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to get past the password on an MP save?

I've forgotten my password in a recent game
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

From memory, you have to save it as a scenario. You password your games?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I do not recall a game where your civ is worth protecting with a password

Comment

You can try changing the extension to .scn, which would let you see the game, but I'm not sure if there would be problems playing on with the others.

The alternative is to be nice to the old-school programmers like Dave and SG, who might be persuaded to get their hex-editors out.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
          From memory, you have to save it as a scenario. You password your games?
          some
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Passwords are so useless for protecting anyone from peeking at the map, that we stop using them years ago.

You can play without it if you don't mind it saying CHEAT on the score screen.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well how do you do that? I need to have this save available.

Comment

It's been years since I did it. I believe you have to change it to a .scn like spike said. If you haven't figured it by the time I get home, I'll refigure it out and let you know.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

thanks - so embarrassing..........

Comment

No need. It's been so long, I couldn't remember it off the top of my head. But there probably are a few people that post here infrequently that could probably rattle it off.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

all you have to do is go to the scn menu and save it as a scn.
                      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

then you can access the cheat menu and set human player to your civ.

Comment

That sounds familiar.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok - where is the scenario menu?

Comment

bloody hell. i don't know i haven't got the game in front of me. from memory its in the top right hand side of the screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X