Hotseat games: Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotseat games: Diplomacy

I'm playing my boy in a hotseat game and when we met the ai took over the diplomacy - my civ appeared to him as an ai civ. Same on my side.

Is this normal for hotseat games?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

That's my memory of Hot Seat games. When you're not in the chair, the AI is.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

bizarre
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Yes, I thought so at the time. It's logical, though. It's the SP version of the game. There's no provision for more than one non-AI civ.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Install a network in your house and play a MP game. Works better than hotseat games
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Install a network in your house and play a MP game. Works better than hotseat games
            hey good idea

My 11 year old just started at civ again after his older brothers had convinced him that it was boring.

I could link up 2 of our computers and play him.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

we may end up with a father and son comp.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

father son? He attacked me straight off.

Comment

perhaps we would need the son to team up with the other father

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

IIRC the interaction in hotseat games is like that in PBEM games. It is a rather clumsy way to play MP IMO..........but some people make it work.

Comment

Making it "work" and doing it right are two different things What fun is Diplomacy if the AI is making the decisions...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

It's a load of fun when you manage to trade techs...

Then the other guy gets to the chair and realizes that you just got Invention for Mapmaking.
                        Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          Making it "work" and doing it right are two different things What fun is Diplomacy if the AI is making the decisions...
                          Exactly why I called it clumsy.

Comment

I dunno, its clumsy but we had a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed catching him trying to look at my screen. Its nice being in the same room.

When he saw my knights appearing in force near his capital he suggested we start another game

Comment

Smart Boy
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X