Help needed with a bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with a bug.

I've been playing scenarios with civ2 multiplayer gold edition recently. I've got the 1.3 patch installed, but I keep getting this weird error. Every time I load a saved game, the cheat mode has been opened without it showing up in the score. While being very temping, it's also starting to interfere with the game. I was playing a scenario (herbstnebel) and all of a sudden the date changed back to 3000 BC, pollution started occuring, and cities could now be taken by conquest (none of which should be possible). None of it could be undone. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

I apologize if anyone has already posted info about this bug before. I remember hearing about it somewhere, but I don't know how to fix it.
    The strategically impaired,
    -Cal

Found a simple way to cure the problem of the CHEAT MODE toggle turning itself on when you have done nothing to deserve it. The recommended cure has been to uninstall Civ2, manually delete any remaining files in the Civ2 folder and then reinstall Civ2. The source of the faulty toggle problem...
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Thanks!
      The strategically impaired,
      -Cal

Comment

Working...
      X