Differences between...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between...

I was thinking of getting TOT, but I was wondering what was different between Civ2 and TOT's scenario editors. Are more civs allowed? Are there new events?

kthxbai! ^^

That is a question better asked on the Civ2 ToT and the Civ2 Scenario boards. I can only tell you my mixed report:
    • When it came out I could only get it to run on my computer with a no-CD hack (there was a ToT developer helping folks on the Apolyton ToT forum at the time and I had tried all his suggestions first).
    • Like many others I found the graphics dark and depressing, and even bizarre (for SciFi mode). I used a Civ2 Classic terrain update (available here on Apolyton) and it helped. The units graphics is also bizarre, but I hadn't tried any "fixes."
    • I haven't played it since my first few tries. I keep telling myself to give it another go.
    On the plus side it must be really cheap, so it isn't like you'd be hurt by trying.

BTW, what does "kthxbai" mean (esp the "bai" part)??
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow

BTW, what does "kthxbai" mean (esp the "bai" part)??
      Ok, thanks, bye.

As to the question if you have civ2 you can patch it so that you can play a whole bunch of scenarios you might not be able to play now (depending on what version you have). Personally I wouldn't get ToT.

kthxbai

Comment

You don't know what kthxbai means?!?

Comment

notallofussareusedtoshorteningeverthingdownandforg ettingtousespacesbetweenwords

Comment

I usually don't "abbreviate" a 3-letter word with another 3-letter word…
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
              I usually don't "abbreviate" a 3-letter word with another 3-letter word…

At least lol is a 3 letter word representing 3 words.

Comment

I dunno. I quite liked TOT, myself. The scripting language is a bit more developed and the mapping feature allows for some interesting scenbuilding.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                X