What Type Of Game Do You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Type Of Game Do You Prefer?

Hello all...in a few days I will be able to play Civ2 again after three weeks' abstinence. This led me to the question: what type of game should I play?
    That question led me to the question:

What type of (SP) game do you prefer and why?

-Normal game on a random/customized map
    -Normal game on a pre-made map
    -Scenario
    -OCC
    -Some other challenge
    -Any others I either forgot to mention here or don't know about at all

Warlordissimo Oogkloot the Somewhat Acceptable, One-Man Civilization and Inventor of Kentucky Fried Children

Currently, I'm into OCC mostly because of the shorter time frame required to win. I think that I'll give ICS a try thanks to the new ICS Guide posted by DaveV in the Strategy Forum at http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HT...tml?date=17:21

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

-Normal game on a pre-made map
      -Scenario

------------------
      St. Leo
      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Ick! I can't stand SP games anymore

------------------
        Apolyton Empress

"We sit outside and argue all night long, about a God we've never seen but never fails to side with me" --primitive radio gods
        My first Web Page
        Vacation Pics!
        Apolyton Empress
        "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

These days I play deity level, raging hordes, small world, random stuff, 7 tribes, and OCC. Although, I agree that Dave's ICS tips are a huge help. Actually, my current game is ICS based on Dave's tips and I'm killing the AI... so far.

------------------
          Frodo lives!

Better dead than "Red"... or green... or blue... or yellow... or orange... or purple... or white.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

It depends on my mood. I am expantionist by nature, so I tend to like large map with many cities (perfectionist ICS approach - meaning most cities work close to 21 squares.

On small maps, OCC is really starting to grow on me. I'm even starting to look competitive, although OCC #16 will be the real test, since I've been working backwards starting at #15 (and oddly enough, #15 was easily my worst showing )

I also enjoy some of the scenarios, as long as they aren't total war. Kind of makes me glad I don't have MGE For some reason, most of the scenarios I've enjoyed most seem to be on medium maps. So, based on that:

Small map: OCC
            medium map: Scenarios providing a balance between war and peace
            large map: perfectionist ICS

------------------
            April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
            X