Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these spy/ironclad graphics do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these spy/ironclad graphics do you prefer?

I'm doing a minor upgrade to the HiRes graphics patch, and I'd love your input on a couple of graphics.

A number of people have asked me to provide a Spy icon more in keeping with the original graphic. Of the three below, which would you prefer as the default (the others will go in the "alternate units" file): the current default guy with binoculars, the "spychick" or the spychick with dynamite plunger?

A sage British player wrote me requesting an alternative Ironclad graphic. He pointed out that a US Civil War monitor didn't make much sense. An early sea-going ironclad ship better fit what the Ironclad unit represented. Which do you prefer?

Thanks for your input!

- mindseye

[This message has been edited by mindseye (edited August 12, 2000).]
    Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

I think the "spychick" without the dinamite is better.

Comment

I like the binoculars guy. He's more realistic.

------------------
      "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
      "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
      Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
      I AM CANADIAN!
      Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
      CornEmpire Owner/Operator
      Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

I've been using the HiRes upgrade for quite a few months now and kinda got used to it. I think the original graphics for the two units you're considering somehow look neater and more attractive. Probably a classic case of "imprinting" I'm afraid.

Comment

For the Ironclads, it might be a question of preference depending of where you live. Europeans will go for the right one, Americans for the left.

I'm going to see if I can make an icon for HMS Warrior. Now there's a gorgeous ship.

------------------
          "The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
          "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I love the new ironclad (right) please e-mail it to me.
            The spychicks are both (to me) an improvement over the binocular guy - I have no preference between them ...
            Thanks a lot Tim, keep up the good work

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I kinda like the "traditional" looking ones.
              left ironclad and girl(no tnt plunger thingy)

I kinda like the kneeling guy for war spying and the girl for espionage type activity.

The right ironclad might be more in line with your mod that trys have more of a WW1 looking era with the biplanes and light armor units.

I guess I don't know
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Favourites:

The bloke in the middle.
                The ironclad on the left. (both are very good though).
                Hasdrubal's Home.
                Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I'd go for the ironclad on the left.
                  I can't tell which spy, it is hard to see the middle one.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                  X