Differences between FW and 2.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between FW and 2.42

I have recently started using 2.42 rather than FW. I have been practising early landings from starts that have no initial technologies. As a result I have to restart quite a few times before I get a suitable start. In FW, when I quit, I get back to the screen that allows me to start a new game, etc. In 2.42, when I quit, the program ends and I have to relaunch the whole thing.

Is this one of the differences between 2.42 and FW or is there a setting / something in rules.txt that I can alter.

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

I think it's one of the core differences. Long time ago I looked for this hypothetical setting and I think it doesn't exist.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    The Spanish Civilization Site
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

that was something they modified with MGE - 2.42 quits the program when you quit out, MGE takes you back to the main menu. don't know if anyone has created a patch that adds that or not
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

The feature that quits back to the menu was added with Conflicts in Civilization, the only real difference I know of. Saves are compatible forwards and backwards with CiC and 2.42, the only versions where this happens so my suggestion would be to use the CiC exe, Civ2scen, if you happen to have it.
        Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone - for the moment I guess I just keep reloading!

RJM at Sleepers
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
          X