Help with civ2 crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with civ2 crashing

Hi guys, I downloaded the Civ2 patch and it caused my civilisation game to crash . I could no longer start any new games (it automatically closes the game due to some error) and it does this to the saved games as well (although I think that happens because they aren't compatible??). Can anyone help me? I have no clue as to how to fix it or what the problem is.
    My computer is a PII 400 and runs Win 98 (which ran Civ2 fine before I installed the patch).
    Thanks
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Sounds as if you loaded the wrong patch!

If you had vanilla SP Civ2 the latest patch is the v2.42

If you had MP MPGE the latest patch is patch 3 (1.3 I think)

loading the patch belonging to the other variant will kill your game as you describe

I suggest that you re-install from your CD and then make absolutely certain you get the corresponding patch

If you are unsure just what game you have - once in the game Ctrl-o or Game|Game Options opens a screen with the current game version as its title

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You are a very helpful Git
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

We aim to please

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks, I'll see if that works
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
          X