Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenario Succession Game (The 2003 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Succession Game (The 2003 Edition)

anyone up for a Scenario Succession game?

I was thinking about scens like:
    *Hellenistic Age
    *30 Years War (as Swedes)
    *Great Northern War (as Swedes)
    *Crusades
    *Some American Civil War Scen (as South, of course)

maybe we could talk about strategy before, so we would not get one those incidents we had here last year with hellenistic age.
    and maybe we could play a x2x2 game.....
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

* Foam drips from Incisors *
    !!! Rhodes !!!

Could be fun ...

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

*dbl post*
      Last edited by PDifolco; February 25, 2003, 10:29.

Comment

hum, triple post, sorry !
        Last edited by PDifolco; February 25, 2003, 10:30.

Comment

Huh, what's a Succession game ? Do we have to be called Antigonos or Philip to play ? Is it automatically a Macedonian or Habsburg scenario ?

Comment

Have never played scenarios (though my daughter loves them). Always looking for new, fun civ2 experiences.

More info required...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ready
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Re: Scenario Succession Game (The 2003 Edition)

Originally posted by Andemagne
                and maybe we could play a x2x2 game.....
                Hehe there really isn't much of a case for playing 2x2x games against the AI.

Comment

hehehe, my daughter has just started on Red Alert 2.... not bad for a nine year old. Civ is my next big plan for her....
                  "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                  "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Noooooooo, must not let C&C plant its seed in young impressionable minds. If you must play RTS play AOM (you can use this to teach her about history perhaps, and let civ continue this later on) or Warcraft3, so you can teach her about, um, orcs and elves and magic and stuff

Comment

she is already into LotR and Harry Potter and stuff, Civ should not be a major stress...
                      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by PDifolco
                        Huh, what's a Succession game ?
                        you play 20 turns and then send save file to next player.

Do we have to be called Antigonos or Philip to play ? Is it automatically a Macedonian or Habsburg scenario ? [/QUOTE]

you don't know me that well!
                        I'm not that transparent!

lezz see:
                        Andemagnus
                        SG
                        PDifolco (maybe)
                        -JRabbit (maybe)
                        LaFayette
                        5, not bad.

DrSPike: you playing?
                        x2x2 is not that bad. last week end I could kick AI rear end in GreatNorthernWar in x2x2. took 8 cities from danes, 1 from poles and 1 Russian and found 10 new ones. really its not that bad. or are you saying that its too easy? anyway, in or out?
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

OK Andemagne, I think I've gotten it : Succession games are multi-player SP games , with players "rotating" each batch of X turns with the same Civ...
                          Fun idea, I suppose it's totally non-competitive, and every player will find the others play like crap !
                          No problem for me, I do play like crap, King level AI is too strong for me

Count me in, please choose a scen with not too many units.
                          Everyone's using MGE ?

Comment

Sorry, guys. Just realized I'm in 2 sxns already and will be traveling extensively between now and mid-March.

I'll learn about this one through lurking, perhaps posting the occasional stupid question.

BTW -- You might try contacting Messer Niccolo. He's been hinting at a return to action...
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have never played anything but 1x1x - and I believe that most scenarios are designed for this setting - having Mongol horse move 18 seems obscene...

SG[1]
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X