No announcement yet.

The Great Succession Gamer Poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an ancient Mac version which says copyright 1996 but does not include muliplayer capability. I can download and play 2.42 games, but as yet nobody has figured out how to upload my saves.

Comment

Hey Grigor, let's get the particulars. Software version (Get Info), whether it's being used as-is or you've added patches, what OS you're on, etc.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hardware: I-book, graphite, June 2000
        Software: MS Internet Explorer 5.1 for Mac
        OS 9.0.2 (ugh)

Civ II: 1.0 7/25/97 [I think this may be the issue...]
        no patches

Comment

You are a perfect example of what I was thinking when I added the 'other' option, Grigor

It'll get sorted out one way or another.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Grigor: There are other Mac-worshippers *cough-jrabbitcough* who've had problems with d/l and u/l of game saves and even zips. It ain't necessarily your version to blame.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Well, Grigor, I've been told more than once that you must have the current patch to be compatible...
              but that was when I was told that MGE was the only mac-friendly version of Civ2.

Does the disc packaging list the game's software/hardware requirements?

(BTW, Stray -- I asked him to post that info.)
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
              X