Civ Ultimate and Civ Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ Ultimate and Civ Gold

Please be aware these are the same version of the game. Gold is sold in the North America. It is called Ultimate in the rest of the world. Don't ask me why.

How do I know? The yanks told me to buy the Gold edition but it is not marketed under this name outside of North America.

Moral of this story? Never listen to Americans (as if you didn't know).

I buyed Gold edition in Italy...

------------------
    Ave atque vale...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

The Mac version in Australia is the Gold version.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I knew this would happen

Comment

I actually bouht the Platinum Edition, which was manufactured in Taiwan, and distributed in parts of Western Canada, Montana and Southern Idaho. I had to send my registration in to Nova Scotia, and it only works on computers built in Japan.

I love it when this happens to Horse.

------------------
          Bring it!

"If any man can convince and show me that I do not think or act right, I will gladly change; for I seek truth, by which no man was ever injured. But he is injured who abides in his error and ignorance." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

See, Horse, told you to get a Mac. You, too, could have had a Gold Edition!

Actually, I have both. I bought the PC version - UCC - before the Mac version was ported. Played it on the Mac via SoftWindows.

------------------
            finbar
            Mono Rules!
            [This message has been edited by finbar (edited July 11, 2000).]
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Why anyone would get a Mac........or admit to having one....

Comment

Embittered response of a man who was told to buy a product and couldn't because it wasn't available to him in his country because he used the wrong system.

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!

Comment

This from someone who can't even multi-message on icq.

Comment

Boys' toys.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!

Comment

Personaly I think it was made to release the same verison with different names, I have seen Ultimate, Gold, Multiplayer, Platenum and a wierd apple version, yet they are all the same, well except Multiplayer that was replease then cancelled in the same month? So I think they are made.

------------------
                      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
                      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Deathwalker on 07-13-2000 04:27 AM
                        Personaly I think it was made to release the same verison with different names... So I think they are made.

Huh?

------------------
                        Bring it!

"Receive wealth or prosperity without arrogance; and be ready to let it go cheerfully." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)

Comment

Delete an "e" from each "made".

------------------
                          finbar
                          Mono Rules!

Comment

------------------
                            Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
                            "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by finbar on 07-13-2000 09:30 PM
                              Delete an "e" from each "made".

Thanks, Fin. Must be all that practice you get with Hydey!

------------------
                              Bring it!

"Receive wealth or prosperity without arrogance; and be ready to let it go cheerfully." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)

Comment

Working...
                              X