explain white techs to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explain white techs to me

can someone tell me teh significance of the techs that are shown as white on the science advisor screen? i used to know but i forgot

In your own F6 screen it means that your civ was the first to gain the advance.

In a foreign F6 screen the white sciences are the ones you don't possess.

----------------------

SG(2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

That kind of answers his question exactly. No real need for any other responses
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

can i at least thank him though?

thanks for the explanation, i was right about the white techs of the AI, but looking at my own confused me because i knew that the computer had discovered some of those techs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          That kind of answers his question exactly. No real need for any other responses
          But some of us can surely post to confirm the information is correct
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

i confirm the info is correct
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

When you discover a tech look to see if anyone else has it......not so useful in SP but good for MP.

Comment

This is particularly useful information when you build MPE and start the process of contact/share maps/trade techs. Check out all of them before begining contact to better plan the order of contact.

For example, if you know that one AI is researching a tech that another already has, then you visit the second one first so you can trade for the tech and then gift that tech to the first AI and get them researching something else--hopefully something you will need.

Maybe that point is so obvious that "some people" think it doesn't need to be said ...but it took me a while figure it out.
                But then I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                X